Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
levir

Uhh... here goes... Nightmares of Loki 2

You where not kiddiing at all when you said that, I like all the cool shapes I see. The lighting on the bottom one is very well used, gives it
the creepy atmosphere in spades.

I will try one the pk3 you posted me after I get some sleep.

I went ahead and opened the development part of the loki page
http://delehrious.com -> Doom Page/My Levels/Loki 2 -OR- just http://delehrious.com -> Nightmares of Loki 2 (shows stuff for NOL1 too) --> The MAPS page is all there is but I made a link to help map.. and a screenshot and new version of the map. the rest of my site is getting fixed up with help from artistic friends, but looks like crap right now. NOL screenshots make it pretty.

I just made another section full of sectors replacing what's beyond the yellow door, but haven't uploaded yet. I'll wait until more is complete. I'm having teleport issues in the transition between hub2 back to the hub. No matter what I try the player doesn't budge.

UPDATE: I guess I can get away with fake hubs for NOL1 seeing as how the maps were already done that way. It'd be quite a chore to alter this. I may experiment with it though with a few levels, who knows. MAP01 is the very beginning of the drawing board and I'm going to just focus on this for a while until every area is perfect. Then I'll worry about making a second hub with small introductionary sub-levels, or a massive boss map with different sections coming from different levels haha

So far...
NOL1 REMAKE
MAP01 <- levir
MAP02 <- blueinferno776
MAP03-MAP20 <- no takers

NOL2 MAP01-MAP20 completely new levels -- no takers

LOL

hmm.... maybe if we make these immaculate they'll come and decide it'd be fun to contribute to our efforts.

two subsectors almost complete, just need the blue castle that builds itself in a 4000x4000 field haha

I have been a bit busy with stuff on my end, I started the first subsector today with the half hour of free time I had.

I played the map you started and it looks so cool cuz how you used the lighting and weird shapes. Those dogs have a LOT of health I burned through all my plasma gun ammo trying to get rid of them and ran towards the hub to get away. They need a lot less health, they mauled a mancubus to death. :)

edit: I can seem to do anything in the hub area the switch does nothing after hitting it and one portal looks like this.

http://i.imgur.com/DZD7QGv.png

can I change the dog's health? hehe I'm new to this

http://www.delehrious.com/doom/loki/devpage/MAP01.PK3 should be updated now!!

Update1: oh yeah, the switch doesn't animate, but it opens the hub. Try the new version its 6MB I cut out the backup maps dorment in the /MAPS folder. for some reason the map alone is 5 megs. probably all the linedefs.

http://doom.delehrious.com/lokipage.html has the updated 10:32PM version lol... also: http://www.delehrious.com/doom/loki/devpage/daily_uploads/03_20_2015/

had an ant problem from hell earlier. All I did was nap then wake up and get back to the desk only to find minutes later I had ants crawling all around me. I guess I was that absorbed in editing, heh. had to vacate the room after spraying everything I could find on the "trail". I still can't get the script to work so I took script13 out (maybe it's too long? I could learn variables?) -- I'll try a few zdoom scripting forums and work on everything else until then. there's still a switch off in the distance, just no self-building structure as of yet. When the script was still working it looked pretty sweet though!

Jeez I hope those ants are just isolated problem you don't need a infestation! Get bug bombs it that gets out of hand.

Your progress is looking good though.

I've been working on this too: http://www.delehrious.com/ lol
that's where last night went

the map I just uploaded... the first teleport doesn't work again! I don't know why they keep working then not working, nothing changes. I just try 3-4 times with luck to replace whatever I can then they work again. Sometimes I just let it be then come back later. I'm sure there's something important I'm missing. or bugs. The level itself is kind of getting out of hand size-wise but I've seen way bigger. The circles and ellipses though are quite numerous.

ant traps worked wonders. I haven't worked on it yesterday, might not today. I'll be gone most of the day...

update: so I cleaned all day from not having the internet. it appears that after looking at my site after looking at it after ONE DAY of not screwing with it, some of it to say the least quite blew. Hopefully tomorrow morning when I start messing with this level I'll realize what sucks and what doesn't. I really hope to figure the scripting out plus the reason the teleports seem to malfunction at times when they worked before.

The first sub sector I was making turns out to be garbage. I just hated how I made it and re-planning it but that's not too much work to have lost thankfully. Just did not go well with the theme I had in mind.

I have not felt productive due to stress lately. Glad you pest problem is history.

yeah I haven't touched mine in two days. yesterday I don't remember because I fell asleep and woke up 10 hours later while all the cats were still watching youtubed (it's a verb too) "videos for cats" on my 40" and I just rolled back over and slept another 6 then even more after that lol

I drastically wiped my website to start fresh and simpler, but the doom-page is intact in all its hugeness as a frame inside of it, still with even the interface not fully finished. I do that, I decide to make something quantity but without quality but when I go try to add a layer of quality to something I'm doing so many things that I don't organize and have a bunch of unfinished things. Quantity over Quality was the problem people had with Nightmares of Loki to begin with. I just wanted to amaze with a new version since I have nothing to show on any type of portfolio for making game levels so far other than the college flash games I did the sound for. I have a lot of fun doing this but I want to make it more public-appealing and not just what it was. This DOOM mod and my website are top priority now. I figure whatever music I make now since I'm getting everything set back up and bought again can be used for this, since the style I want to try again fits perfect. I'm needing to add guitar with all the synth stuff though. I looked at a screenshot of the level and realize that I needed to curve a ton more shapes, I just fear that this is why it's so big (even aside from UDMF making a Multi-MB plain text version of the level too as a patch) I'm also worrying that's why the long script and teleports keep screwing up.

This is probably also overwhelming doing not 1 but 4 games with 2 people. Let's just...

Nightmares of Loki 2 isn't a thing now, just Nightmares of Loki, Loki's Realm, and Loki's Palace. But I may just do Nightmares of Loki before going ahead to my next little half of what I want to do with the story, Visions of Loki. The first ones really don't have much of a story that isn't confusing on purpose but the second one clears it up. Hell we could just use these levels for that. Anyways, I have picked 20 from the original 36, only two starts from the fourth episode that I never finished. I say... however many we want to add we should feel free, and Nightmares of Loki can be it. I'm doing something different for the next one and getting some friends that do voices to help with the NPC's if I go that route. I may just have audio tracks for the intermission texts. Regardless 80 levels that are all meant to be massive is a bit much for anyone to be interested in let alone make.

Just doing my part in relieving some stress lol
I mean offer whatever input you'd like I'm currently starting the script for my friend who can sound like satan (and it's scary good) to do Loki's voice recordings you hear throughout the game. Way better than Hexen's MAP02 guy. I'm actually serious too. His voice sounds like the reversed message dealing with John Romero at the end of DOOM II when he does it. Without effects.

PS Take your time, that's what I'm doing! Take breaks! There's no rush at all. It's just a game for fun.

The idea of lokis voice voice taunting the players would be a nice touch, I imagine someone going to grab a key or keys Loki teleports them to more gaurded areas while he tries to descourage you.

Some ideas came to me. We can use the hub area where using now to start it off then etheir scatter the portals about making the place there in the hub say like how Hexens shadow wood was in the later levels. Some stages can not be or have hubs and have boss stages focused on fire fights.

These are just ideas, no pressure intended. :)

By the way, can I have the Shaped Like A Cat map slot? I was fantasising about this map when I found the gothicX texture pack on my laptop this morning.

Lookey what I found!!!

http://www.delehrious.com/websites/2002-05%20Loki%20Book/

if you click load webbook and go to table of contents then stills... it has six screenshots from the original fungus fields back in 2002. I couldn't find any wad files or pk3 files, no downloads, it never existed in my disc burns... but it's visible in its primitiveness if you need ideas!

Man.. You really had something going there its very cool how it was setup. I cant get any of the screen shots to come up for some reason.
Thank you for sharing this with me.

I was in the Ozark mountains without electricity or running water for a while and just got back. Just me and the Indians :D Well, I'm back, and inspired to do a level with similar qualities. That red canyon level now has more I can do with it :D I'm downloading 3D max to see what all I remember about it from college...

I was way too busy to get near doombuilder for a while. Dealing with anxiety and other BS.

I tried creating 3d floors for the second subsector with no success, I read the zwiki for some help and just cant really understant it other wise I have the rest non related in the bag.

Sounds like you had fun up there. :D There must of been a lot of amazing things to see up there.

So I've decided to return ADD style from ten other things to this... hubs first :D

I've just about mastered building 3D floors, I have the blue subsector decked out with them just how I wanted them.

Zdoom 2.6.0 and up supports 3D objects as long as none of them are sloped. The dogs you used at the start were the MBF dogs I think. If they are then the advice I gave you before is useless, not sure how to modify them. :(

Realm667 has hellhounds in the beastery section for an alternative if you want to and many other monsters.

I need help activating my account on your website I cant find a place anywere to type in the password you pm'ed me. :D