Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scifista42

Doomworld Mega Project 2015 - Now on /idgames

Pinchy said:

I just used TNTCOMP to increment the compatibility level until I reached one where everything in the level worked, I didn't specifically choose that one.

I use PrBoom+, so use 9 for safety.

I'll label your map as Boom, then. It implies -complevel 9.

You Should Go Outside
You should go outside more often.
What if the kingdom comes and you'll bang your head against the ceiling?
And the people you meet on the internet aren't real.

this is my Doomworld Mega Project 20156 creation.
You can stand ()at laest with your perimeter
on every sector of the level.

Difficulty settings included.
Compatibility level: Infertile Traditional Couple.

I will be participating in this year's DWMP and the Map I'm working on is a sequel of sorts to my map from last year and it even continues the storyline from last year's map. I will tell you ahead of time that my map is UDMF format and that it will require jumping. I forgot to mention that in my submission from last year but I'm not going to make that mistake this year. Enough with my inane mutterings, onto the screenshots!

RaphaelMode said:

Compatibility level: Infertile Traditional Couple.

Marked as limit-removing. :) Let me know if I interpreted it incorrectly, though.

@FireSeraphim: Looks nice. Atmospheric and semi-realistic, even if relatively simple architecture-wise. I hope the fights will be reasonably balanced, because I wouldn't like to spend way too much time spamming the shotgun into a wall of enemy meat.

nice stuff folks!

Anyway, raphael your map reminds me of that level of majorawne for the panophobia project...

Here is an FDA for RaphaelMode's "You Should Go Outside", recorded in PrBoom-plus -complevel 2. Normally I'd say monochromatic and oversized (both of these traits are generally bad and both are present in this map, consider that!), but on the whole, it was a surprisingly fun and interesting map, and a welcomed change from enclosed corridor shooters for once. The fights managed to be fun and well balanced too. Apparently I've exploited a design imperfection (pressable switch in the floor, visible on the automap) to skip a large part of the map, while I couldn't find the intended path. Still, worthy experience! :)

ChaingunnerX said:

LR map.
Name: White and blue
Autor: Chaingunner
Link:http://rghost.ru/6pcqrMfDF
Build time: About 9 days.

Here is finally my FDA for ChaingunnerX's map. Really beautiful, short and sweet, with casual atmosphere, nice midi, and MAP01-style gameplay. As Memfis once said, this style (I call it casual) is typical for Russian mappers. I wished this particular map was longer. There were no secrets, which I've found a shame. Enjoyable anyway. :)

Sorry for triple post. Here is a failed FDA of Pinchy's Crypt of the Revenant Dancer. It seemed like a fun semi-slaughtermap, but above my (not so great) skill and limit of patience. Unfortunately, there were no difficulty settings. Still, the particular challenges were interesting, and the environment too, really unpredictable on first playthrough (I'm not talking about repeating the map numerous times like I did, of course). Good work, from the little part I've seen of the large map (I've also cheated to look at the latter parts; nice).

You're always welcome to submit a map! You've got all year to make your map, so there's no need to worry about deadlines yet.

GregLafitte said:

Thanks I will take my time I have a quick question can I send it as MAP01 or should it be a different number?

Map01 is fine, I think the maps are placed by the order they were submitted.

This project will contain as many maps as people submit, with no other limit than "one map per person". I'm not yet decided how the maps will be sorted eventually. It will depend on the number of submissions and their compatibility, I guess. Submitting your map as MAP01 is a standard, but it doesn't matter anyway. I will choose their order at the end of the year.

Personally, I would take the traits and difficulty of particular maps into consideration, for the sake of people who will play continuously. The decisions are going to be subjective, but I don't see it as a problem out of principle. After all, it doesn't have to depend just on my own judgment at all, it would be discussed / voted when the end of the year comes close.

Hello again, joe. Have an FDA.

This was a fun to play level overall. The map also reminded me of one of the better 1994 - 1995 doom wads; Simplistic visuals, but still fun to play.

Author: Ilya "joe" Lazarev
Level name: The key to happiness
Build time: 4 hours
Editor(s) used : Doom Builder 2, Slade 3
Port: Vanilla
Music track: "Technical difficulties" from 30in30-1 by Jimmy
Difficulty settings: Yep
Known bugs: In vanilla some linedefs won't work sometimes because vanilla's stupid.
Inspiration: MAP18 from Ksutra.wad and MAP24 from av.wad

Me too, me too!

Author: Memfis
Level name: Bastards!
Build time: A few days, like 4-5.
Editor(s) used : GZDoom Builder, XWE :D
Port: Map seems to work in doom2.exe with no problems but I don't 100% guarantee it. Tested mostly in prboom-plus with -complevel 2.
Music track: From Memento Mori 2 MAP32.
Difficulty settings: No...
Known bugs: The secret is almost impossible to find?
Inspiration: My unfinished map called "A wind you can trust", Plutonia, Darkwave0000's maps, a bit of both Memento Moris perhaps.
Author's Comments: A basic map with two keys you need to collect in any order. Relatively low monster count but still some pressure on the player. I chose this name because... I don't know, I like the word "bastard", it sounds cool.

Memfis, would you update your map with prefixed texture names? You know, it was in the rules, and otherwise I'd have to do it myself, and I'll have a lot of trouble with compiling this wad anyway. Also, consider that I can't keep your replacement of stock LAVA, replacements are forbidden because you know, they replace stuff in the whole wad.