Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

@Joe: That's a lot of zimmer. Why are you replacing the map you submitted? Were you dissatisfied with the original or did you make the new map and decide it was better suited for the project?

Dissatisfied, it's just a bunch of squares and a hallway with trial and error gameplay all over the map.

Heavy wip this time.

I should probably stick to one map at the time; I don't know if i like the texture i'm using on the wall between the turrets, is really noisy...

@Mechadon: Are shots like this one that make me feel i have still a lot to learn on the usage of stock textures... good job.

Cacowad said:

Heavy wip this time.

I should probably stick to one map at the time; I don't know if i like the texture i'm using on the wall between the turrets, is really noisy...

The turrets, the sky, and the small rock ledge to the left are the surfaces I like. The tiling elsewhere is distracting, the rocks more so than the wall.

Cacowad said:

@Mechadon: Are shots like this one that make me feel i have still a lot to learn on the usage of stock textures... good job.

Likewise, the obvious tiling with the marble bricks (w/ but especially w/o vines) makes the area look messy to me.

Mechadon said:

Whoops, I forgot that I posted a screenshot in here. Sorry for not responding, and thanks for the comments. Here have another one, this time more of a w.i.p. view.

http://imgur.com/mGkrDRS

That rifle sprite bugs the hell out of me because the alpha rifle sprites already have a rear sight (look at the very bottom of the sprite) so now it has two rear sights and looks really weird.

Oh yea, your right. I never noticed that, but it totally has two rear sights :O. I might try to remove the middle sight, though the lower sights are kind of obscured by the status bar. I don't know if I could do a sprite edit that looks halfway decent.

By the way, thanks for the compliment Cacowad! Stock textures have a lot of potential and they are really fun to work with :)

Mechadon said:

I might try to remove the middle sight, though the lower sights are kind of obscured by the status bar. I don't know if I could do a sprite edit that looks halfway decent.

Why not just take the original alpha sprite?

Da Werecat said:

Why not just take the original alpha sprite?

I was confused for a moment because I thought this was the original Alpha rifle. But apparently its an edit that I downloaded a long time ago and got confused with the original :P. So yea, good idea!

I'm not so sure anymore, because your sprite looks authentic, and the sprite I have has some weird blurriness in place of the second rear sight. I have no doubt that my sprite is official, but now I think that yours is some kind of rare intermediate version, perhaps? :)

Or maybe it's just a good (if weird) amateur edit, I dunno.

I dunno either, but that's pretty interesting! The sprite I'm using now came from some resource I downloaded a long time ago, and I just used it thinking it was the original alpha sprite. But when I checked one of the Doom alpha releases, this is what the sprite looks like. I guess the extra sights could have been added in one of the later alpha releases, but I haven't bothered jumping through the necessary hoops to load it up and see.

walter confalonieri said:

what is this?

Most probably ZDaemon TNS on MAP15 of Estranged.wad.

Memfis said:

love is in the air...

rofl I actually came into this thread to post the ALTEUS in yellow-skulls, then I see that.

scifista42 said:

Most probably ZDaemon TNS on MAP15 of Estranged.wad.

Ok thanks.... i've downloaded estranged, but still not played it....

Exit room of Phobos Lab from Doom 2 Reloaded. The red lighting is asynchronously pulsating. I just love this aesthetic.

@mrthejoshmon: I like the laser drill itself + the effect it has on the liquid floor, but the surrounding environment doesn't seem fitting enough to it. Not just the city-esque bricks and unimportant-looking dull room, but mainly the open sky right above the room. The drill would deserve an entire scenery to complement and highlight it, for the sake of great impression.

Is anyone else but me getting this only? It is set to random for me, but I get this no matter what.

EDIT:

Back to the way it is now. Nice one, Linguica.

Omegalore said:

Is anyone else but me getting this only? It is set to random for me, but I get this no matter what.

[img]

Same issue here.