Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Hmmm...

What's that DEM1_ thingy in the bottom left? And I'm not sure that this is how Doom 2 E4 would look.

AD_79 said:

Hmmm...

What's that DEM1_ thingy in the bottom left? And I'm not sure that this is how Doom 2 E4 would look.

It's trying to connect back, but there's not enough demon magic, so the FIREBLU will dissapear once you approach it.

Thanks for the nice/helpful comments guys.

@TheCupboard Well spotted on those texture alignments sir! And yes, there is plenty of light contrast in-game, but alas it doesn't seem to show up too well in the PrBoom+ screen grabs.

@joe-ilya Never played Greenwar II.. I'll have to look that one up.

As a bonus, here's an updated shot of a room I posted a while ago. I had to simplify it quite a bit because of visplane and segment overflows in vanilla, but I think it looks cleaner and less cluttered than the original.

@jmickle66666666: Nice ones! The combination of dirty material with clean seam lines actually works far better than I'd expect.

joe-ilya said:

@dave For me, the area is symmetric, that's bad.

Just a reminder that symmetry can work as long as the progression isn't symmetrical.

joe-ilya said:

@dave For me, the area is symmetric, that's bad.

Not all symmetry is detrimental Joseph, especially when the rest of the map is mostly non-symmetrical, but thanks for sharing your opinion.. I might make it a little less symmetrical here and there, just for you.

AD_79 said:

Just a reminder that symmetry can work as long as the progression isn't symmetrical.

^Wot that guy said.

Here's another one..

Looks great for a speedmap. I can't speedmap at all, too much of a nitpicker on myself.

Avoozl said:

Well, at least you didn't use fireblu. :P

There ARE a few fireblu crates in the map.

Also, the map along with a few others can be downloaded from here.

Z0k said:

sometimes i hate being a slow mapper on my own projects but still working on it:

[url]

Same here. I'm so slow, I have other unfinished work I've never got done :/

Omegalore said:

Same here. I'm so slow, I have other unfinished work I've never got done :/

I'm not exactly a fast mapper, I just try and force myself to go faster, heh.