Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Wads with realistic-looking airports?

I can't remember ever seeing any airport at all. I've played plenty of wads with "spaceport" in their name, though most of those have never really looked like one.

The closest thing I can remember offhand is the hijacked-airplane level in Twilight Warrior.

I've played the one Memfis linked and I was just going to post it here. The maps are no good at all, though. MAP01 is actually the *best* of them four.

A big problem is that a really realistic airport would be too big for Doom. I suppose you could do a small airfield, though.

Although supposedly a spaceport, the first level of Roger Ritenour's Phobos is a passable attempt at realistic airport, as far as vanilla Doom can go anyway.

invictius said:
I've played plenty of wads with "spaceport" in their name, though most of those have never really looked like one.

There's a really good one in Hellbound -- I think it's map 17, and it's called something really obvious like "Starport."

Gez said:

A big problem is that a really realistic airport would be too big for Doom. I suppose you could do a small airfield, though.

Although supposedly a spaceport, the first level of Roger Ritenour's Phobos is a passable attempt at realistic airport, as far as vanilla Doom can go anyway.

I've been looking for this wad for two years!! The only thing I had to go on was that it was a spaceport with a destination being Jakarta. Nobody could find it in the "find a wad" thread, so thanks!

Not Jabba said:

There's a really good one in Hellbound -- I think it's map 17, and it's called something really obvious like "Starport."

I liked this one.