Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Blood Source code .

No, Atari US nixed the idea because they were too busy getting bankrupt at the time, so they felt they should better not release anything to the public that might get sold instead.

Do they honestly believe that they can sell it or even get a buyer for it?

Avoozl said:

I think the RoTT 2013 guys were in the market to buy it off them based on how well their game sold.

I think Interceptor/3D Realms attempted, but realized the asking price was a bit too much. There's a twitter quote regarding it somewhere I believe.

Avoozl said:

If they were going through bankruptcy proceedings then they were probably hesitant to take any action that might have been construed as inappropriate. I don't blame them.

BlackFish said:

I think Interceptor/3D Realms attempted, but realized the asking price was a bit too much. There's a twitter quote regarding it somewhere I believe.

Devolver Digital actually :P The folks who made the Duke3D Megaton Edition and Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Steam releases, if any company should be entitled to the Blood IP let it be them.

https://twitter.com/ForkParker/status/458953243188416512

What a bunch of fucking horse shit turn of events, Fuck.

This is only tangentially related, but I used to wonder what the deal was about the Blood source since BUILD is already out there. I figured it couldn't be that different from the BUILD stuff already out there, right?

Well, somebody pointed me to the accidentally leaked internal complaints from the Blood team about dealing with Ken Silverman. It sounds like they had to replace most of the guts of the engine since Ken's code was so bad. As a software engineer, I can empathize how horrible it must have been to have your job dependent on a shaky collection of too-clever hacks written by some weirdo wiz-kid teenager.