Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 18 - Kid Tested, Mother Approved!

Damn, AD. Your map is way better than mine! Probably will be the best map in the entire set.

Breezeep said:

Damn, AD. Your map is way better than mine! Probably will be the best map in the entire set.

: 3

Graggle Rock
Midi: I dont want to look in the dark for demons.mid by Based jmickle66666666.
Themes: Nick Backer Recolor Tex, 2048x2048, Exactly 1300 linedefs.

I've just compiled the first beta of Abyssal Speedmapping Session 18. The 20 levels are included just as posted (and updated, in Obsidian's case) in this thread, except for Walter's level having a full REJECT lump (to prevent crashes) and Obsidian's map having a sky transfer implemented (he just used an RSKY1 replacement). There is also a level in MAP18, "Brown Crush" by MTrop, which wasn't posted in the thread for some reason. The levels are arranged based on submission order; all of the levels have CWILV graphics and automap titles; and FuzzballFox's level music, intermission music and INTERPIC are included.

[link removed due to release of final version]

Note that among other things, Unholypimpin's level music (MAP09) is an OGG file ("Release" by Arend van Stenis ("EagleGuard")). In the final version of the WAD, this level will need to have a supplementary MIDI for ports that don't support OGG.

EDIT (8:56 PM PDT): The map list is currently as follows:

MAP01: Red Is the New Red
       by walter confalonieri
MAP02: Radius of Saturation
       by scifista42
MAP03: Everything Went Worse Than Expected
       by gaspe
MAP04: Kreygasm
       by MD922
MAP05: An Insignificant Little Speck
       by The Green Herring
MAP06: Yippee Splat!
       by Obsidian
MAP07: Turnips Give Me Herpes
       by FuzzballFox
MAP08: getRandomName()
       by Surreily
MAP09: Totally No Secrets!
       by Unholypimpin
MAP10: Tarnsman Eats an Entire Bicycle Without Milk
       by Marcaek
MAP11: The Giant Spider Invasion
       by BlackFish
MAP12: Yeah, This IS Definitely a Playable Map.
       by Breezeep
MAP13: Beneath a Fecal Landscape
       by AD_79
MAP14: The Shores of Inferno Experiment
       by rf`
MAP15: Graggle Rock
       by Pinchy
MAP16: Crushing Bore
       by jmickle66666666
MAP17: Licking Ass and Taking Names
       by ClonedPickle
MAP18: Brown Crush
       by MTrop
MAP19: Operation Gloomy Chameleon
       by TheMionicDonut
MAP20: Bulldoggin'
       by RottKing

My map contains a minor visual bug involving the wrong sky being used in some sectors. I will be fixing it tomorrow because I have literally been up from midnight 'till 7am ASSing and need some sleep.

There's an issue with the sky cutting off part of the tower when viewed from a certain spot in my map. Not sure if I can easily fix this but I'll do that tomorrow.

Marcaek, the secret in your map is inescapable if you let the lift raise while you stay down. Even in your fixed version.

EDIT: Breezeep's map is broken. Blue key doesn't come down, I had to jump for it. Then the lift behind blue door was one time only and I got stuck.

EDIT2: ClonedPickle, it is possible to get stuck down in the eastern area when you revisit it and the crusher has stopped in a down position.

EDIT3: Good session. My favorite maps were Surreily's, AD_79's, rf`'s, MTrop's and RottKing's, but many others were good too.

Played the maps, I had fun in all of them! I hope to make something better in the next session.

A fix for my map.
Now it'll be playable for sure!

EDIT: reuploaded to fix a small texture alignment issue.

EDIT 2: One monster didn't teleport, so I fixed that too. Reuploaded with the same link as before.

Fixed the crazy skies: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l0j6lz58r8g3kbj/surreily.wad?dl=0

My favorite map of the set was The Shores of Inferno Experiment - it captured the feel of E2 very well (even if several of the sections felt like they were directly ripped from E2) and provided good use of crushers and classic gameplay. Most of the maps felt like more than just speedmaps - we've got some talented speedmappers here.

Apparently this was the biggest ASS ever with 20 maps. Big thanks to The Green Herring for compiling and TheMionicDonut for managing the project, as well as all the mappers who contributed!