Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tatsurd-cacocaco

TAS (tools-assisted) demos

degree23 said:

Are you going to finish your TNT UV-Speed? It was awesome up until where you stopped.

Ideally, even that run would have to be redone at least from map 5 onwards to include the keygrab, as it's a pretty major time save. It's a pretty nice run either way, though.

AD_79 said:

Now I want to see a full-ass TAS of TNT.

You will.

degree23 said:

Are you going to finish your TNT UV-Speed?

Yes, but more like redo it almost from scratch.

j4rio said:

ftfy :p

I simply provide feedback.

j4rio said:

You're underestimating how quick and effortless making a demo of that kind is. Just segmenting would allow you to beat times of pretty much any maxes in no time.

oh umh. thinking about it, I guess that probably can be the reason of your debate after all and let me feel a complete newbie (which I am) concerning TAS movies. but well its still enjoyable actually

yakfak said:

i think you can safely ignore anyone who thinks that "I don't like thing" should automatically translate to "no-one else should do thing"

That's a completely redundant and unrelated statement. No one is telling him to stop recording, the message is actually "try harder". This forum is inclusive, but not anyone's hugbox. Posting subpar demos will result in not all positive feedback, especially if the other side brushes off tips on how to improve their performance. TASes in particular raise high expectations because of their nature.

blob1024 said:

"poor", "weak", "not optimized"... beat those times, otherwise face it: those are current world records. :)

well, so I took a crack at it, but even though I'm complete TAS newbie, in about 3 hours I got this demo here that plays back with doom2 (it also sucks, secret at start didn't register and I didn't notice, so no uploading to dsda, thx), uses just slow-mo, stitching and perm sr50

lv06x141.zip

dew said:

That's a completely redundant and unrelated statement. No one is telling him to stop recording, the message is actually "try harder". This forum is inclusive, but not anyone's hugbox. Posting subpar demos will result in not all positive feedback, especially if the other side brushes off tips on how to improve their performance. TASes in particular raise high expectations because of their nature.

I wouldn't say better. To me TAS can be described in one word - perfection. In Azuboy's TNT movie there is a complete lack of it.

j4rio said:

I got this demo here that plays back with doom2

It faster in 26 sec than mine. Hmm.. But sharp and jerky enough.
There are must be more 'smooth factor' than 6, within 9 it looks better.
By this demo do you wanna say that mine demo looks better because of smooth, not faster? //strafe50 and segments by default always

Akse said:

TAS can be described in one word - perfection

I see you got your skill when you first played. immediately. Uhu. I believe...

Azuruish said:

//strafe50 and segments by default always

When it should be sr50, slow-mo and HEAVY segmenting.

Azuruish said:
I see you got your skill when you first played. immediately. Uhu. I believe... [/b]

well if you look at your own TNT TAS before and after you replayed second half, you will notice that it did became better.
also it didn't took you that long, yet map5 and map25 are missing tricks.
Just segment your runs a bit more, patience is the key.

Azuruish said:

I see you got your skill when you first played. immediately. Uhu. I believe...

?! Hell no! But instead of uploading crappy demos i kept them to myself while practicing patiently.

Azuruish said:

It faster in 26 sec than mine. Hmm.. But sharp and jerky enough.
There are must be more 'smooth factor' than 6, within 9 it looks better.
By this demo do you wanna say that mine demo looks better because of smooth, not faster? //strafe50 and segments by default always

Can you really not see that smoothness doesn't matter as much as having an actual good time?

Doom2 MAP14 UV-MAX in 1:35
MAP03,18,20,21,24,25,29,31 and MAP32 must be TASed. 9 maps //for built video.
Hmm. I had tried rerun MAP03 but as i see - not enough skill. Even closer to 1:05 i can't beat it now.
MD922 with ClumsyDoomer still working on MAP03. Damn... Heavy work i guess XD

doom2_map14_tas.zip

Azuruish said:
If you call yourself 'newbie' - I'm embryo XD

Hahah, then I must be sperm!

Hm, you must be mistaken. Clumsy isn't working on map 03 max, it is just that I posted both my unfinished map 03 max and my Resurgence TAS also. He only helped with Resurgence, that's all.

Doom2 Map13 UV-MAX in 3:19
Possessed. Can't stop.
Anyway I found the way where i could make it faster.
Feels like in final list (TAS Demos for video) only 72% of all MAX TAS demos will be Azuruish. XD

doom2_map13_tas.zip

Azuruish
I had tried rerun MAP03 but as i see - not enough skill. Even closer to 1:05 i can't beat it now.

Your time is 1:05?

Akse said
Your time is 1:05?

Nope. It's time by MD922 (built demo and failed) ammm. On page 23 you can find his 'unfinishedstuff.zip'.
I considered that time when tried but i did it worse (1:21)...

I dunno if this is doable, but for playing back all the demos we could have a compiled demopack and for map 15, if the person goes through the regular exit, we could have a .deh that automaticly brings the player to map 31, and same situation with map 31. Then after each level, another feature to the .deh would be each level restarts with a pistol start.

I don't know how this technology works. I'm planning record each maps separately with 60 fps to 30 fps and then mix it in one video.
Sometimes happens lags in Fraps but Bandicam sucks in quality and fps.
Anyway 7 maps left...
And i have idea create D2ALL UV-MAX for Doom2 but need more training...

MD922
I dunno if this is doable, for map 15, if the person goes through the regular exit, we could have a .deh that automaticly brings the player to map 31, and same situation with map 31.

And for what purpose?
Edit: Oh, looks like i get it, but tell me anyway.

Just to keep all the demos together, just so Azuruish doesn't need to playback all 32 demos, and just have 1 demo with them all.