Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scifista42

Archvile that resurrects everything as Revenants (NEW CONTENT!)

Kotzugi said:

Haha this is fun. Would love to see a map for this as well.

However it crashed on my PrBoom+ 2.5.1.3 with the message "I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: signal 11", after about two minutes of Barrels of Fun.

Would it be possible to make it work on PWADs as well? Or do you have to adapt your PWAD or "hack" specifically for that?

It's just a DEHACKED patch, it should work on any PWAD, of course. It's not guaranteed to work if the PWAD contains its own DEHACKED (or DECORATE) with radical changes to monsters.

I've got the same random crash on "signal 11", but I don't know what caused it. I'm not surprised that this hack is glitch-prone, there are already several necessary side effects. Maybe it will turn out to be impossible to use reliably.

You have got to be kidding me. This is just plain unacceptable. Damn you scifista42 for creating something off my comment!

scifista42 said:

It's just a DEHACKED patch, it should work on any PWAD, of course. It's not guaranteed to work if the PWAD contains its own DEHACKED (or DECORATE) with radical changes to monsters.

EDIT never mind
2nd EDIT yes it works in Going Down but now crashed almost immediately without an error message (perhaps I just didn't see it).

scifista42 said:

I've got the same random crash on "signal 11", but I don't know what caused it. I'm not surprised that this hack is glitch-prone, there are already several necessary side effects. Maybe it will turn out to be impossible to use reliably.

I wonder if it has to do with the fact that monsters "explode out" inside a limited space - it happened after the second teleport in Barrels of Fun, where the PEs are. Wild guess.

Suitepee said:

You have got to be kidding me. This is just plain unacceptable. Damn you scifista42 for creating something off my comment!

Suitepee, you need to realize that Revenants are excellent monsters, possibly the best that Doom 2 has to offer. How much do we have to do to convince you of this?

Kotzugi said:

I wonder if it has to do with the fact that monsters "explode out" inside a limited space - it happened after the second teleport in Barrels of Fun, where the PEs are. Wild guess.

It cannot be the source of the problem. The Revenant spawn in this wad = normal Lost Soul spawn by a Pain Elemental. They just die when they don't have enough space. The game doesn't crash even if they successfully spawn outside of the map's boundaries (which is possible to happen).

Xaser said:

Now someone make one where everything comes back as an Archvile. D:

I like the idea of a gooey-blob monster. One that resurrects things as goo-blob monsters and has relatively low health. Then, make a dark creepy exploration map with them and hundreds of zombiemen.

AD_79 said:

Suitepee, you need to realize that Revenants are excellent monsters, possibly the best that Doom 2 has to offer. How much do we have to do to convince you of this?

Isn't is because revenants are too spooky for you, Suitepee?

Kotzugi said:

EDIT never mind
2nd EDIT yes it works in Going Down but now crashed almost immediately without an error message (perhaps I just didn't see it).

I think I figured out why it may be crashing; try changing the Revenant's attack state from 339 to 340. State 339 is a useless 0 tic state doing FaceTarget that just goes into state 340, which does FaceTarget anyway.
EDIT: Whoops, still crashes. The best I could now do was change state 339 to 1 tic and change state 340 to 9 tics. That might fix the crashes now, then again, it might not...

It's not because I downloaded this patch... I'm doing... uh... muahahahahaa!!

Xaser said:

Oh god, wat

Now someone make one where everything comes back as an Archvile. D:

If everything came back as Revenants, but Revenants themselves came back as Archviles, everything would turn into Archviles when resurrected twice. Oh wait you could also make Archviles be resurrected as Cyberdemons, which could come back as Zombie Troopers and start the cycle all over again.

2015 is the year of the skeletal.

I wonder if this years cacowards will have the Golden Revs for best skeleton usage.

——————————
▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░
▒░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░
░░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░
░░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░
░░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░
░▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀░░░░░
░▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░
░░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄░░░
░░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░
░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░
░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█░

NEW CONTENT!

I made a new patch that makes the Revenant overpowered, but still reasonable to be seriously (?) used in maps:

Double health
Double aggressivity
Quadruple speed
Instant melee attack
Shoots 5 missiles in a row
Shorter pain animation

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/2ngeik

THAT'S NOT ALL!

Anybody wanted to use the 2 patches together (Archvile resurrects everything as Revenants + OP Revenants)? Sorry, they're not compatible if you simply load them together. But here is a new patch specially made to act just like that! Summary:

Archvile resurrects everything as Revenants.
Pain Elemental spits Revenants.
Revenants are slightly more aggressive.
Revenants leap towards you while being resurrected, and they may infight if they bump into each other in that moment.
Revenants appear translucent in source ports than allow translucency (technically, they replace lost souls).
They have double health. More than double aggressivity. Quadruple speed. Instant melee attack. Shoot 5 missiles in a row. Shorter pain animation.

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/2jljip

Only now you can start your dream mapping!

:)

It only took 22 years for Doomers to get bored enough to create a mod that's the equivalent of repeatedly slamming your penis in the door.