Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Cacodemons

What did you think of DooM³s cacodemons? I personally thought they went too far from the original look. I didn't like them. I think they look like Tim Burton tried to draw a squid. I would have liked to see them as a new demon, with the original cacodemons still around.

I really like the Doom3 Cacodemon design, they are original and suitably creepy. A faithful remake of the classic Doom Cacodemons would have looked too cartoonish.

They fit pretty well with the feel of the game and the look of the other monsters. So I had no problems with them.

Oh, they leaked the Doom 4 Cacodemon finally?

I liked both Cacodemons, and they fit well in their respective environments. The Doom 3 Cacodemon was different, but I did like it. However, it wasn't great, and I'm glad it didn't become Doom 3's poster child. The Pinky and Hellknight were better suited for that role.

Piper Maru said:

I like the Doom 3 Cacodemon a lot actually. It reminds me of Stephen Kings "The Langoliers".

I also had the same langoliers impression.

Damn, Piper... X-files, Stephen King, DOOM... I'm not completely convinced you're not my long lost twin.

TraceOfSpades said:

Mars needs women. Angry red women.

They already had IMPSE (Definition : Sexual relations with IMP) , so why not CACOSE .

Buckshot said:

I also had the same langoliers impression.

Damn, Piper... X-files, Stephen King, DOOM... I'm not completely convinced you're not my long lost twin.

Great minds think alike!

I personally like the classic cacodemon more. It has an eerie presence when it looms over and pops up from below a ledge. In Doom 3 they literally spin around out of control when you shoot them which is more laughable than creepy.

Buckshot said:

mother of fuck

Submit that to that Mike guy making a Doom mod in similar vain.