Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RjY

ngmvmt1 demos [-complevel 9]

Awesome run. Map 6 is possibly my favourite ngmvmt1 map for its combination of layout and music. Shame about that last Chaingunner but I remember being amazed at your 6:11 run, and now it's over a minute quicker.

I think that's why I got rather bored of maxing altogether, at some point any map just becomes infight luck and the attempts aren't particularly satisfying to optimise when you're just waiting for a lucky gamble. That 3:33 was also basically a random attempt I got in about half an hour, getting 3:39 took me about 15 hours.

I agree about maxes getting boring when it all becomes infight luck, but the true beauty of maxes show when improvements come from better routes and riskier play, the exploring and the unlimited options some maps can offer is what keeps me into maxes.

Map11 max 13:45

ng11-1345.zip

Ancalagon said:

I agree about maxes getting boring when it all becomes infight luck, but the true beauty of maxes show when improvements come from better routes and riskier play, the exploring and the unlimited options some maps can offer is what keeps me into maxes.

Yeah, it can be a fun aspect but then someone else just leeches onto the route (usually myself), gets luckier with infights or damage and the outcome is still basically about getting stuck in an infinite loop. I guess I wouldn't mind replaying a few maps if I weren't drowning in some depressing shit right now.

Map31 UV-Speed in 0:42

Not used to playing with PrBoom+ so my movement isn't the best yet but since this doesn't have many (non-TAS) demos I decided to give it a go and record a demo instead of live recording.

ngmvmt31-042.zip