Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Amaster

Couple of Questions

Both of these questions concern plain old Doom2.exe

1. Will overlapping vertices cause any problems?
2. Where could I find a list of all the "special" tags?

Potential problem with vertices is also the possible extra lines that overlap.

The editing tutorials here at doomworld have all the docs with the line info you need.

i am confused with what you mean overlapping vertexes. a vertex is a point, how can it "overlap" another one? unless you mean vertexes that share the same point; that is ok.

Assmaster said:

1. Will overlapping vertices cause any problems?

Makes it harder to edit in that area. Why not make them the same? IOW, get rid of one vertex and change the linedef vertex number to point to the other one. Some editors will automatically merge these for you.

DCK for example. You can configure DCK to always merge exact vertexes in it's preferences menu.

Actually I did merge them, but with ugly results. Thats why I was wondering if I should just leave them on top of each other. I did originally and the map ran just fine. Now some of my walls look a little messy and it'll be a pain to fix everything up.

Assmaster said:

Actually I did merge them, but with ugly results.

That means you have something else wrong there. You can try WA error checker, but it misses many things - so for that reason use the DeePsea error checker - current version is 11.6 (one here is old).