Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Touchdown

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

New Deus Ex game. Coming to PC|XO|PS4 in 2016. Looks like more of the same in most regards. Good to see ammo types are back and that there's more mobility (new trend for ya). Disappointed to see that hacking seems to pause the game and that they're prioritizing third-person view even more. They REALLY want this game to be TPP, they're just afraid that fans would rage about it.

I wanted someone to make DX:MD post a couple months ago when they first revealed the game. But thanks for sharing.

I have been wishing DX-HR had mod capabilities for a while now as it's just too short and easy since I have been replaying it so much and wanting more, it would be nice if DX-MD would have mod capabilities but it's highly doubtful it will ever happen.

However I have found HR too easy even with its restrictions on gameplay without certain optional augmentation upgrades, the fact that DX-MD will be less restrictive without the need for optional augmentation upgrades makes me fear it will be even easier again, I'd rather if they simply make the inventory less ridiculous on stack limits and weapon sizes.

Also I don't know how to feel about many ammo types for weapons as it may make most weapons have less unique characteristics from each other, but simply having different ammo types for only one or two of the weapons would be okay.

If hacking does pause the game then that would make it a bit too easy and hurt immersion...
I hope I can see Adam in his trench coat outfit
I kinda would like some more of those yellow colors since I'm crazy about colors.
I've never liked the shaking cam while sprinting thing, hopefully there's an option for that.
Hope there's lots of cool take down animations and folks to use them on.
HUD would look cooler with less grey and more yellow and other theme-ish colors
Better be a nightclub to start a ruckus in.
Not having more color is fine too, since it doesn't really need it probably...

So? Living up to XYZ is not as important as whether the game is good on its own or not.

I have a couple of problems with HR. I know the boss fights will be skippable this time around so that's one thing off of the list. More focus on making the world feel alive would be nice. HR was kind of empty, big locations with little to do.

As long as it's possible go through the entire game clearing every hub of life I will have no complaints.

Touchdown said:

So? Living up to XYZ is not as important as whether the game is good on its own or not.

Never said anything like that. I was just pointing out the obvious. HR doesn't live up to the original but it's still a fantastic game.

Well you're just objectively wrong the first game is the best game in the whole world nothing can live up to it!!!!11 >:((((

^ Says the person who spent more time playing Barbie and Duke Nukem 3D. But I do agree, it is my favorite game of all time.

Hey that was one time only and we agreed never to speak of it ever again

Also it was Forever. I probably have more combined playtime on my 2 different Duke 3D Steam playtimes (I have megaton and anthology) as well as outside of Steam.

Looking forward to this one. I loved the original DX and DXHR. I can't remember the last time I spent 5 hours straight on a singleplayer game.

Two-word comments aside, I was watching that demo until it became clear it's just the opening of the game. Yeah, I'm not going to spoil myself.

The trailer for this was awful, showing off all the worst elements of Human Revolution, but the stealth gameplay looks just as good. I won't say I'm hyped or anything, but I definitely want to give this a try when it's out. I really don't need any innovation here, HR's gameplay was close to perfection for me.