Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

scifista42 said:

What did you do with Entryway to display like that? Load it with Doom 1 as IWAD? Use a bad TEXTURE1/PNAMES?

it was a pure pile up of weird inexplicable opengl behaviour and then opening gzdoom...
I cant even reproduce it anymore, but i even had leftover Quake textures appearing in other opengl applications on that day. Something seriously screwed with my ancient GFX card.

Old cards can cause some awesome effects, especially when you don't reboot for many days and run several applications at once. In Warcraft 3 there is a custom map called Legion TD where I can quite reliably get a glitch that replaces every texture with some brown one. It literally makes everything look like shit.

@ DeathMetalAccountant:

Phil said:

I have one word for ya ... BOOM!

(The Seal of Nehahra)

RNGPSY said:

bored and frankensprites or something

Those are really, really good!

I like the colour. And the architecture too, of course. Not sure about white candelabras.

The brightness of the liquid is possibly a bit too uniform ... but well, it is eyecatching.

Looking amazing Jim! Do love a good custom palette- easy to get sick of how saturated the standard blues at times.

Jimmy said:

[/url]

something I don't know

Lookin' tight. I'm not sure about the wood as a trim texture though.

DeathMetalAccountant said:

Looks Quakey.

Good, it's supposed to. I based this area on E4M1 of Quake 1. The starting room is above this area and the water is swimmable.

Looks good, Dave! That circular structure in the ceiling instantly reminded me of Quake E3M5, but I do see the E4M1 inspiration now, heh.

Looking great Jimmy :)
Very nice theme here. Maybe I'd have extended the wooden trim up there so that it could reach the blue marble structures on both sides, but it still looks fine that way.