Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FractalXX

It seems we don't really exist.

Antroid said:

What the fuck are those screenshots. The ones that aren't the single btsx screenshot, I mean.

If you read the article, he was playing around with a texture randomizer for fun.

Bucket said:

The Revenant powerup is vaguely like the Terminator game mode in Zandronum,

I feel like that game mode has been around forever - hell, it's basically Golden Gun mode from Goldeneye 007.

Jon said:

I think it's significantly more likely that Fallout 4 will be a great game than Doom 4. But it's not like we have to make an either/or choice.

Comparing different style of games just fucking stupid and suck. I can't say I would like DooM 4 for now...since I have more confidences on BGS but not current id and it still too early to say on both games...well...whatever, but those fanboys should get away and stop ruining the game communities. :\

They're obviously for completely different audiences and they aren't even made by the same company (Bethesda is only producing Doom 2016, ID is still the ones developing it), Fallout 4 is for more rpg action and construction while Doom is for a more savage and mindless run and gun type of experience. They each have their own merits, to be sure.

I never got interested in Fallout. I am saying this because I think we all have different tastes. I don't have a fast processor to run the Latest games so it's back to the classics for me until I scrounge up the money for an Intel i7 Core.

MetroidJunkie said:

(Bethesda is only producing Doom 2016, ID is still the ones developing it)

Yeah, but id is just a sub-division of Bethesda (or Zenimax, really, I guess) these days, not an independent entity.

Quasar said:

If you read the article, he was playing around with a texture randomizer for fun.

Oh. Yeah, in retrospect I should've probably given him a benefit of the doubt and guessed that he might actually explain the insanity somewhere in the article. I just assumed he was totally clueless and playing some really shit wad (or a jokewad). :I

Linguica said:

I feel like that game mode has been around forever - hell, it's basically Golden Gun mode from Goldeneye 007.

Except with demonic fire >:)

Quasar said:

If you read the article, he was bloviating about a texture randomizer he hadn't personally tried.

Fixed. All the screenshots were from jmickle's thread.

jmickle66666666 said:

First screenshot in the article: the static.dyp.im/2Noz27u4hm one.
Second screenshot: btsx_yes.png.
And what about the third screenshot? Well, scroll down a bit to Jimmy's post

Jimmy said:

That's the sixth, H5LKzL4.png.

Antroid said:

What the fuck are those screenshots. The ones that aren't the single btsx screenshot, I mean.

I'm really amused that the BTSX shot is recognized as a BTSX shot and nobody finds it odd, instead of noticing the textures are absurd. I guess it helps that the sky remained unchanged, but still...

playerlin said:

Comparing different style of games just fucking stupid and suck. I can't say I would like DooM 4 for now...since I have more confidences on BGS but not current id and it still too early to say on both games...well...whatever, but those fanboys should get away and stop ruining the game communities. :\

The modern fallouts are as much a sequel to doom as the new doom is. where did we think fps would go back in the 90s? Hubs/nonlinear levels; NPCs; character customisation/development; yadda yadda. What are amongst the spiritual roots of doom? D&D. Back in the 90s many of us imagined things much like what fallout 3 ended up being. The new doom is looking more of a throwback than a progression of the form, IMHO. It might be great. I just think the odds are lower than the new fallout being great. But like I said, best case scenario they're both great, we enjoy both.

Haters gonna hate... can't change that.

Do we really have to care about what these people say? I've seen a lot of games that were claimed to be the "Doom killer", but where are they now? Do they have a community as large and as active as Doom's? Do they have hundreds and thousands of awesome fan-made levels and mods? Is their name known to every gamer with a pulse?

TIME is the best (and toughest) test of anything's quality. And so far Doom has passed this test better than anyone else.