Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kontra Kommando

ALIENS: The Ultimate Doom (TC) / ALIENS (HD)

The Predator came in the mail a lot sooner than I expected. As soon as I'm finished doubling the frames for the Xenomorph, I will begin work on this.

This is the 25th anniversary edition Predator; the one from the first film. The Xenomorph I used is the 35 anniversary edition, from the first alien movie.

Here's an example of the revisions I've made to the Xenomorph's A3A7 frame. I have also added nearly twice as many frames to the animation. For example, the regular movements now extend to ABCDEFGH.

Moreover, I've created high resolution xenomorph acid blood.

I've created 18 different gibs upon the xdeath

and I'm currently working on creating multiple standard deaths that will result in decapitations and dismemberment.

I'm hoping to release a demo map demonstrating this custom monster relatively soon.

Update

Sprites

I've finished the sprites for the crawling behavior. Now I will spend the next few days deliberating on the results; making revisions where I may deem necessary. Thus far i'm 80% satisfied with the results; I already know what I will changed, and what will need to be added. Even after this is accomplished, there will still be some more work to do. The next priority will be to create the dismembered versions of the xenomorph, that will continue to advance at the player (i.e. armless, and legless frames)

The main revisions I will make are the upper torso for the A-H1 frames & A-H28 from the standing frames. I will strive to make them look more like this; particularly the arms:

I also want to create new frames for the stationary xenomorphs, having them in unique positions. I'd like to have some frames of the xenomorph lounging around, or genuflected while it hides observing the room.

Coding

I'm equally excited to present the advances I've made in the decorate file. The xenomorph will have various attacks that it will employ against the player. Further, I have added an a_jump in the spawn state, that may allow some of xenomorphs to another state for the monster wander the map. Further, the ambush flag has been added as well. These two attributes combined helps to created even further tactics for Xenomorphs to use against the player. For example, the motion tacker will pick up the wandering xenomorphs; leading the player to believe there are fewer enemies present. But once the other initially stationary xenomorphs that are lying in wait see the player; they will literally ambush the player. I've been tricked a couple times myself testing this out. I see one or two xenos on the tracker, but once I enter the room, I'm attacked by 5 or 6 that were standing still.

Mapping

I was granted permission by KuriKai to utilize the Doom (HD) texture. I will be using them to create a single player map demo. I want to make it atmospheric and creepy. There won't have high enemy count; I want to create sparse clusters of xenomorph groups in strategic areas. Moreover, I want to randomize their spawncount so it will different each time. Some areas will be more threatening than others by random, each time the game is played. Often they will be hiding in darkened corners of rooms, waiting to surprise the player as he walks into the room unwittingly. This will make for great use of the flashlight, and flares. Also, I will make the ammo and health limited, and randomized as well. I'm looking forward to starting the map, it will be a nice change of pace from working on the sprites.

I've tried making a plasmagun projectile that puts out splats on the floor that hurt when walked over, but I couldn't ever make it look cool. I am jealous of the way you implemented the effect with the acid "decals" on the floor and the smoke rising up from them.

Impressive work, Kontra Kommando. I'm looking forward to seeing the sprites and the (yet to be) map in action.

Vorpal said:

I've tried making a plasmagun projectile that puts out splats on the floor that hurt when walked over, but I couldn't ever make it look cool. I am jealous of the way you implemented the effect with the acid "decals" on the floor and the smoke rising up from them.

Sergeant_Mark_IV actually coded the decorate and created the sprites specifically for the decals and the smoke. Though, I was the one that created the blood sprites prior to them hitting the floor.

However, I've created HD blood decals, and eventually I will make HD smoke that is replacing all of it.

Olroda said:

Impressive work, Kontra Kommando. I'm looking forward to seeing the sprites and the (yet to be) map in action.

Thanks,

I can't wait to start work on the map. I've been working on these sprites incessantly.

Here are some screen shots of some gorey scenes. I'm not even half done with it; I supposed there could be near over 100 unique gibs and a currently uncertain amounts of deaths, and xdeaths. Though, I will probably work on completing the demo before I finish everything in regards to the gore.

Edited by Kontra Kommando