Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Seeing all these awesome shots made me want to go back to mapping...

So then I made this basic thing, any idea on what to do with it to make it much better?

Ahh, the addictive qualities of brown mapping. I know it well.

Taking the sky into consideration, maybe you could add a bit of shadowcasting to give the scene more of an eerie nighttime feel. And yeah, maybe a few more colours: unpegged BROWNGRN along the edges might work.

I've had no internet for 3 months so I've been fucking around with GZDoom.

@KalebNoobMaster: Nice. If you're *not* specifically going for a creepy atmosphere, I would suggest increasing the light level, a lot. If you are, then it looks OK as it is.

axdoom1 said:

Where/when will your 'after' maps going to be released? This is a nice project.

Either when I have 36 maps done (so I can just release all of them at once), or episode-by-episode (in no particular order).

As for where, no idea yet. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

New warning strip- comes in many different flavours~!
More goodies for you people, will be part of that black texture pack I've been working on.

My son loves Square, to the point of reciting his one-liners in every day situations. I started remaking our house for him, he's going to lose his mind when he sees it.

Layout's not finished, and it needs a ton of detailing and lighting, but at least I'm making progress. It was supposed to be a small map, but as usual I can't resist adding more to it.

Ed said:

My son loves Square, to the point of reciting his one-liners in every day situations. I started remaking our house for him, he's going to lose his mind when he sees it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:D:D:D:DD:D::D:D:D:D:D:D

I've been doing more work on it since I last posted a screenshot. I felt it looked too bland, so I spruced it up a bit.

I'd create some space between the windows and the bloodfalls, and make the left wall on the entrance to the corridor thicker as well. Other than that, looking mighty fine c:

That's the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time, Ed. In most cases, 'my house' wads are unacceptable, but this is a justifiable exception