Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[Realm667 Contest] Doomjá-vu - Deadline 31st of March!

kristus said:

That said, Tormentor. There's a truckload of junk data in those WADs posted. Basically a lot of extra maps lumps without level header lumps to them.

Shame on my, I should have checked that closer before uploading, but I guess it's a bit too late now. :-/ Thanks also for the feedback, I am very curious how submissions are going to end up. :)

@kb1 - I got that from the Wiki afai recall correctly.

Only 10 days left and 3 submissions currently! Get on your mapping editors, finish your entry, there is still enough time left to do :)

Well, I didn't make it in time. But I'm still working on it and aim to release it some time in April, regardless. I hope it turns out enjoyable particularly for you who initiated the contest.

You link to /de/ version of your forum instead of /en/, a little unfit.

Tormentor667 said on realm667 forum:
it's time to start the poll and voting for the winner. As the basic poll system of Kunena still doesn't work as intended, we will do this the old-fashioned way by posting a reply with your votes. This also makes sure that there won't be any newly registered uses that are just the for the sake of voting (and fiddle around with the result).

Do you only accept votes from known users on R667 forum?

scifista42 said:

I didn't like how you've ignored me.

Sorry, I totally missed that, that wasn't intentional. And no, everyone counts or counted.

I can't help it, but I found most of the maps annoying. Some of them contain so many custom monsters and weapons it is even hard to talk about Doom anymore. Which is kind of funny, considering the contest was called "Doomja-vu". Moreover, I run into severe repeated ammo shortages in Xaser's and D.Scratch's maps, insofar I lost interest and simply gave up on them. Even if I wanted to vote, there simply aren't 3 maps I actually liked... :-/

I wonder if this is the reason why so few people voted so far?

1. Mouldy Old Void by zrriontheinsect
2. Black Magnetic by angrysaint
3. Dead Wire by Xaser

Does anyone happen to have the entries wad that Tormentor compiled for this? The dropbox link from his site is dead.

I'd appreciate that link too.

I'm still working on mine, although I've changed it from "E1M7" to resuming my own project and to overlap it with E1M7 in more general terms..

I'll post my map up "officially" in a separate thread at some point, though for those interested, my map's here. The compilation zip IIRC is just all the individual wads/pk3s in one distribution, rather than a formalized pack; don't have it on me ATM.

As a heads-up, the gameplay on dead.wire is prolly super-wonky. I wasn't able to get any outside playtesters for the submission because of time constraints, and it's strange and gimmicky (though I've since come up with a better idea for the "ghosts" that ought to make it less annoying), so grain-of-salt this release as you will. I'll polish it up & solicit feedback later once I get time to properly revisit it.

Apparently voting on the contest ended at some arbitrary point, though. I hadn't seen an official post about this in ages, so I dunno if anyone was even paying any attention.

Damn, that's a really unique and interesting map there, Xaser. It's got a creepy/odd atmosphere, I like it.

DHL Packages on their way!
First of all I have to excuse for my lazyness to all of the participants and especially the winners of the Doomjá-vu contest. I know that the results have already been posted for a while now but I simply didn't find the time to travel to the nearest post station here (which is about 10 miles away) and send the packages that I've prepared ... until today! I finally have sent the prizes packaged to the winners, underway to Italy, Canada, New Zealand and the United Stated (damn, that was expensive). Please let me know as soon as you have received them, feel free to send me a selfie that we can post here on the Realm667. Thanks again for your participation and have fun with your posters, canvas drawings - and with Spikey, the unique plush Doomimp!

I received my Doom poster one or two weeks ago, I'm sorry I didn't have time to thank you for the interesting contest and the prize, but I was quite busy.

So, now I can say it: thank you!!

PS: I'm looking forward for the next contest.

Tormentor667 said:

Hey Angry Saint, glad that you received it :) Would you mind taking a photo?

Yes!

Here it is:

Sorry it took me 2 months to do a shitty photo!

I would like to play the contest submissions, but the Dropbox link is now dead. I followed the link back to the submission forum, and while I got copies of most of the entries, Angry Saint's Black Magnetic link has since expired.

kmxexii said:

I would like to play the contest submissions, but the Dropbox link is now dead. I followed the link back to the submission forum, and while I got copies of most of the entries, Angry Saint's Black Magnetic link has since expired.

He posted three versions of the map. This was the latest. I think v11 was the official contest entry. He updated this after the contest was over.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rny1z2q02gjfhof/blackmv13.rar