Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Mutiny [Community Project]

Definitely interested in this project, though like Xaser my immediate future looks somewhat busy, but hopefully will clear up after a bit. I'm probably more of a detail and fixing guy who would need a general layout guy, though I might take a crack at something. Kinda like the sound of The Compactor...

40oz said:

Nein. We could have every single one of us work on a single map here if you are able to organize it

You know, that would be a complete pain to organize and maintain, but it would be cool!

Traversd and I are hoping to cook something up in a wildcard slot. We'll make the map and you can decide where it goes.

40oz said:

The monsters in Mutiny are mutants and zombies are renegade UAC marines, so there is no adventure into hell.

Just checking if the above means some monster replacements are planned? ie: more marines.

traversd said:

Just checking if the above means some monster replacements are planned? ie: more marines.

I like the sound of this.

There are some sweet combos appearing already. Looks like the project is shaping up for some healthy competition :-D

traversd said:

monster replacements

I had thought once about possibly doing some sprite replacements but I felt they weren't very necessary. If I could find a way to make dehacked turn a single thing into a random prop variant, I could free up a lot of things for other use, like the various gore, hell trees, and hanging bodies which can mostly be used interchangably. However, I think the monsters in Doom are fitting enough for the plot. You just have to use your imagination :P

TraceOfSpades said:

play testing and opening map

Sorry I hadn't updated the thread fast enough. Fonze and I discussed how we're planning the layout for MAP01 together last night. HOWEVER, I'm very favorable to the idea of having as many hands on MAP01 as possible, so if you'd like to join us, we could get started on a rough draft for MAP01, and you could add detail, move some vertices around, add some secrets, etc. It wouldn't be much because we intend to keep the map small, but we'd certainly like it if you would like to participate! And welcome to the playtesting team :)

purist said:

sweet combos

I'm loving it already. Some absolutely terrific mappers working together on this! Mutiny should be a lot of fun when its done!

--- DISCLAIMER ---

Mappers: Mapslots are quickly filling up!! I counted 14 out of 16 already. If you are currently working on a map with a partner, do not feel inclined to absorb much of the workload on your own! We are a team so allow for your partner to help where they can! Work on small parts at a time before passing it over to your partner so that you can fairly work on the map together. ALSO, please be open minded about accepting a third or even fourth person into your party. If you are interested in mapping and have not yet found a partner, please consider finding an existing party to assist. If you are interested in thing placement, detailing, texture, alignment, bugtesting, etc., now would certainly be your time to shine :)

Testers: Expect a Private message in the near future!

Sign me and gangrel up for some map, and I would love to help polish up Map01 with you guys.

Also, if we are the testers, would that make the maps the testees?

Sorry. Had to.

TraceOfSpades said:

Also, if we are the testers, would that make the maps the testees?

Sorry. Had to.

Yes ^^

I agree with 40oz, I think as many hands as possible on a map as important as the first (or any map) would be optimal.

Also, I didn't mention it, but I'll playtest every map.

40oz said:

I had thought once about possibly doing some sprite replacements but I felt they weren't very necessary. If I could find a way to make dehacked turn a single thing into a random prop variant, I could free up a lot of things for other use, like the various gore, hell trees, and hanging bodies which can mostly be used interchangably. However, I think the monsters in Doom are fitting enough for the plot. You just have to use your imagination :P

Personally, I feel like Lost Souls and Pain Elementals are a bit implausible as mutants -- and there's always SS Nazis and Keens if you want more Things.

This looks like it will be great either way, though.

40oz said:

I had thought once about possibly doing some sprite replacements but I felt they weren't very necessary. If I could find a way to make dehacked turn a single thing into a random prop variant, I could free up a lot of things for other use, like the various gore, hell trees, and hanging bodies which can mostly be used interchangably.

Lack of available Things is almost never a problem when making DEHACKED replacements. The real problem is lack of available States.

EDIT: I've probably misinterpreted your post, sorry. Anyway, getting rid of Doom 1 blocking hanging bodies (the ones whose non-blocking variants exist) opens up 5 Thing slots for free use, and Dead Lost Soul and Bloody Mess 2 are easy choices to replace as well.

40oz said:

Mappers: Mapslots are quickly filling up!! I counted 14 out of 16 already. If you are currently working on a map with a partner, do not feel inclined to absorb much of the workload on your own! We are a team so allow for your partner to help where they can! Work on small parts at a time before passing it over to your partner so that you can fairly work on the map together. ALSO, please be open minded about accepting a third or even fourth person into your party. If you are interested in mapping and have not yet found a partner, please consider finding an existing party to assist. If you are interested in thing placement, detailing, texture, alignment, bugtesting, etc., now would certainly be your time to shine :)

Since the slots are filling up with some good mapping teams, I'll simply offer my services as a detailer/fixer-upper to anyone who needs it (though I know that likely won't be for a little while yet, gotta get the main stuff done first!) I can also test some stuff as well if need be.

i might be interested in doing some tracks for the project, but i can't make any promises. as far as i can see music doesn't seem to be in huge demand here anyhow, but if i get something i'd feel fitting for this project i'll submit it.

Magnusblitz said:

Since the slots are filling up with some good mapping teams, I'll simply offer my services as a detailer/fixer-upper to anyone who needs it (though I know that likely won't be for a little while yet, gotta get the main stuff done first!) I can also test some stuff as well if need be.

I'll keep you in mind just in case I need what you offered in the future. My schedule can get a bit rough.

Hey 40oz, do you have any room for two more mappers for map 01. Trace was planning on working on that one with me.

nxGangrel said:

Hey 40oz, do you have any room for two more mappers for map 01. Trace was planning on working on that one with me.

I got us paired up for a map, boss.

This filled very quickly. I don't think I will join in the mapping, but if you need someone else on testing tell me.

I'd love to work with someone on a map for this. I already have a decent starting area made up that could suit some of these textures really well.

Anyone who's interested just PM me :)

EDIT: No sense coming in here with nothing to show. I'd love to see what someone could expand on this starting area with, I love the idea of tossing a map back and forth and building something awesome cooperatively. http://www.mediafire.com/download/i9ad2m0rhf9ddfm/mew_tiny.wad

TraceOfSpades said:

I got us paired up for a map, boss.

What? Sorry, I'm not entirely sure what you meant.