Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lunaark

Please delete this. My post got partially deleted.

Quasar said:

I can confirm there is no such thing as an IWAD in SNES DOOM. Most of the resources are in console-specific formats - tiles, SPC700 samples, etc. Levels - or at least SOME of the levels - are NOT compressed, as I already explained before by having identified several of the map data structures in a hex editor. This would not be possible if they were compressed.

AFAIK, no one has ever looked into Doom II GBA because we have no reference to work off, which would make it a lot more difficult to reverse engineer than something based on the Doom source. Whereas, just working off the Jag source, I was able to fill out most of the function names in GBA Doom 1 in IDA Pro in an hour :P

Wait, you found the tiles? Please tell me how you found them and the offsets to them, and also can you help me figure out all of the data banks in the ROM?

Quasar said:

I can confirm there is no such thing as an IWAD in SNES DOOM. Most of the resources are in console-specific formats - tiles, SPC700 samples, etc. Levels - or at least SOME of the levels - are NOT compressed, as I already explained before by having identified several of the map data structures in a hex editor. This would not be possible if they were compressed.

AFAIK, no one has ever looked into Doom II GBA because we have no reference to work off, which would make it a lot more difficult to reverse engineer than something based on the Doom source. Whereas, just working off the Jag source, I was able to fill out most of the function names in GBA Doom 1 in IDA Pro in an hour :P

Wait... you said MOST of the resources are in SNES specific format. That implies you were able to rip some of the data from the ROM, or have found by general SNES and hex knowledge that it does not all use console-specific formats. What does not use SNES specific formats in the ROM?

Also, on the subject of data, you said tiles, spc samples and etc. are not compressed.

This implies that you must have found the tiles in the ROM, and you found the SPC samples too. If I am correct about you finding them, please tell me what the offsets for the tiles and spc samples are. Also, if you know where these are, you must know where all the data banks in the ROM are. If so, please find the data banks in the ROM, tell me the offsets for what you can find and say which one has the data for what. It would be a great help. I will make another reply in a few minutes or hours or whenever with some documents that may help you, because even if you do know how to identify all of this with out any documentation, I personally find that having documentation on what I am doing ready to read while I am doing things help me get things done faster, and often more accurately with less mistakes, This does not apply for everyone, but I personally find it helps. If it does not help you, then fine. but personally it helps me.

TheLoneSurvivor said:

Wait... you said MOST of the resources are in SNES specific format. That implies you were able to rip some of the data from the ROM, or have found by general SNES and hex knowledge that it does not all use console-specific formats. What does not use SNES specific formats in the ROM?

Also, on the subject of data, you said tiles, spc samples and etc. are not compressed.

This implies that you must have found the tiles in the ROM, and you found the SPC samples too. If I am correct about you finding them, please tell me what the offsets for the tiles and spc samples are. Also, if you know where these are, you must know where all the data banks in the ROM are. If so, please find the data banks in the ROM, tell me the offsets for what you can find and say which one has the data for what. It would be a great help. I will make another reply in a few minutes or hours or whenever with some documents that may help you, because even if you do know how to identify all of this with out any documentation, I personally find that having documentation on what I am doing ready to read while I am doing things help me get things done faster, and often more accurately with less mistakes, This does not apply for everyone, but I personally find it helps. If it does not help you, then fine. but personally it helps me.

Forget the first reply on page 2 (this page) I forgot about that one so posted this, but this one is more elaborate and gets to my point better.

Anyways, the documentation.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Super_NES_Programming/SNES_memory_map
http://www.cs.umb.edu/~bazz/snes/cartridges/lorom.html
http://wiki.superfamicom.org/snes/show/Memory+Mapping
http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Pointer

Lol, that SNES DOOM editor. It was programmed in Delphi.
No download, no more screenshots...It´s very early beta- FORM is default name for window in Delphi. But from I see I think, that this is not able to export or import maps do SNES, it was just some kind of explorer for maps- linedefs and graphic.
I also see some buttons without names- they are probably unused. It´s from Russia, because there is something in azbuka in the background and the pictures are uploaded on russian server. Maybe is this thing still in development and soon somebody will post it there.

EDIT In the background in the last picture was a link on Russian "facebook" and this is it (maybe the programmer ?) http://vk.com/id7294838