Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

joe-ilya said:

Aiming for a classic deathmatch megawad.
http://i.imgur.com/hVLEGdSl.png

Megawad... You're getting overambitious again. Quality over quantity, remember? Your previous poorly received megawads, remember? And your screenshot shows a map that doesn't look much good, to be honest.

@the_miano: I like your screenshots, those look like actually good oldschool-styled design. :)

Jaxxoon R said:

I actually had to double take the second shot looked so similar to my Snoop map in terms of layout/texture usage..

Can i see your map? I'm just curious to see how similar it is from mine.

scifista42 said:

@the_miano: I like your screenshots, those look like actually good oldschool-styled design. :)

Thank you!
EDIT: It's up on /idgames: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?file=levels/doom2/deathmatch/Ports/m-o/mianodm.zip

scifista42 said:

Megawad... You're getting overambitious again. Quality over quantity, remember? Your previous poorly received megawads, remember? And your screenshot shows a map that doesn't look much good, to be honest.

let the kid dream, any work is still work, you know?

Since Breezeep posted one, I may as well post a screenshot. 4 hours of work with this map so far because I'm slow as shit.

AD_79 said:

Since Breezeep posted one, I may as well post a screenshot. 4 hours of work with this map so far because I'm slow as shit.

From this angle it looks like it would be possible to raise the sky around the central building by 128 or even 256 units without causing any sky cutoff issues. I think that would be an easy way to add a bit of depth to the scene.

Raised it up by 128, not sure about raising it up an additional 128 so I'm going to leave it for now.

Ribbiks said:

stardate 20x-whatever

The purple is strong with this one! I really like it.

That's quite the purple map. Should call it Purple Haze heh.

Ribbiks said:

really old crap

Maybe old but certainly not crap. I'm really diggin the texture combination. Fabulous shots.

Wow, cool screens Ribbiks! I was always a fan of vault made of sectors. It's true that it was lacking a bit of purple colors in Sunlust :P

esselfortium said:

So good! Is the new Sunlust map replacing an existing one, or is this going to be a MAP33+ thing?

a replacement indeed! A couple maps got canned for being bollocks :D

tourniquet said:

Maybe old but certainly not crap.

kinda plays like crap though, unless you like bullshitty rape-traps. I found some ultra-cramped ultra-dickish maps laying around from before I was active on dw, will probably spruce them up a bit and post em just for shits. It includes some shameless scythe2 ripoffs, basically worse and more frustrating versions of m21 and m26 :)

Ribbiks said:

a replacement indeed! A couple maps got canned for being bollocks :D

I hope you keep the rejects around as bonus maps, as some of us would still like to play them nevertheless

Ribbiks said:

I found some ultra-cramped ultra-dickish maps laying around from before I was active on dw, will probably spruce them up a bit and post em just for shits.

Ah some old stuff revamped, now this could be interesting :D

I think I managed to get every OTHER color into this one. Still no purple though . . . :,(

Egregor said:

I think I managed to get every OTHER color into this one. Still no purple though . . . :,(

This makes me feel ashamed for not playing many heretic pwads, as I love it. But what's up with that red sector near the torch? Or is it a mid-texture?

Map has made it to the second room...it looks a bit empty though, not sure what can be done about it

Good sky/lighting choices, there. Having enough stuff in it that's just beggin' for some killin' will go a long ways towards ameliorating the emptiness, I reckon.

I'm showing these as the map is created~!
It's also in the same mapset as the serious Snoop psychedelic gully.

Since this posting, I have flipped the world coords properly and fixed the VM_COAL stuff on Dreamcast. Lots of work to do still, but the engine port is coming along.