Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Describe your current surroundings

A small, cramped guard shack. An amputee, an old man, and myself stuffed inside. Window unit that runs loudly, ESPN on the radio. The sound of semi trucks is polluting the air. It's hellishly hot out today.

A small livingroom. Dim lighting, partially carpeted blue, partially cheap glossed plywood floors. The sound of gunshots and computerized voices, a woman in the room with me, fiercely concentrated. An old german shepard snoring. It's very late (nearly 3AM) and ice cold outside.

Small computer room. Dirty carpet floor. Has generally a ton of paperwork. An EPSON printer. Two computers. Bookshelf. Model Luger. Black potato*. 2 Cabinets. Loud and fast running fan.

*Referring to an Xbox One.

A small, square room. White walls dirtied from many winters warmed by a wood stove, tied together by pale pink trimming. A large sliding table-stand with many open cubbies sits in the corner just below the window to my far right. With a single philodendron atop it, sprawling out and enveloping a fair bit of the room, neighbored a few feet away by a sprouting ivy. In the small cubby below it rests a somehow-still-pristine PS2, and below it on the base of the stand lies an ancient CRT TV. Meek orange light streams in, it is early morning.

To my immediate left is a closet that exists as little more than an large indent along the entirety of wall, and in it lie a dresser, hanging clothes, old boxes to PC games I've never played, and numerous art supplies. The floor is of wood, old and scarred, possibly never tended to since the day it was lain.

The air is still but sweet, smelling of clean fabric and old machines long untouched, it carries no sound but the whirring of a tower and the distant crowing of roosters. It will be hot out today, I can feel it.

Why couldn't it have rained?

A freezing cold trash-heap of a teenager's room with nothing but this crappy system, an old Xbox 360 slim, an original Playstation, an original Xbox and a small ass 1080i resolution TV. There is a constant loop of laughter.mid playing in the background and I can faintly see a disgruntled looking PG tips monkey looking at me from atop a shelf...

I must prepare myself for the shortly arriving battle for survival.

A living room full of people. Simpsons is on the TV and in the next room more people can be heard laughing and chatting. It's been raining all week and it's dim for the time of day.

Slouched in front of a large, wooden roll-desk, my face mere inches from the doomworld logo because I don't have my glasses on and I'm blind as fuck. The room is dim since I have the blinds shut and there are sounds of screaming children coming from my neighbor's pool (they're probably drowning, nothing to worry about). To my right, an outdated copy of the computer graphics "White Book", a wooden ruler, pencil sharpener, two art pencils, an old Christmas card and one of those metal desk lamps with the green shade. To my left, cheap headphones, a coaster, a TI-84 graphing calculator, one of those cube-shaped pencil erasers, an old bank statement and my Doom Collector's Edition I bought a decade ago peeking out of a pigeonhole alongside Richard "Hank" Leukart's "Doom Hacker's CD".

I am pleased with the outcome of this thread.

Doomkid said:

It's very late (nearly 3AM) and ice cold outside.

Where are you from?

small-ish media room with two computers, a laptop, a WII U and a widescreen TV, Complete with my two younger brothers being annoying as usual.

The "crap room," as we all affectionately call it, is where I'm sitting. This room not only contains my computer equipment but also a drum set, at least four synth keyboards and some crappy amps. The crap room is also filled with props and costumes for my sketch comedy show, tons of art illustrated by my housemate and I, a handful of oddball posters and some personal touches such as a Dr. Suess plushie with the head hollowed out and a plastic skull stuck inside of it, hanging from a thick chain (an old Halloween prop I made). There's also a lot of random toys I keep around for decoration and an old CRT TV set my friends and I use for watching stupid VHS tapes.

Such a cozy cafe, such a strikingly feminine creature smiling at me from across the table. For a packed downtown coffeehouse, it's unusually tranquil here--quiet enough to whisper, while the soft din of clinking cutlery and overlapping conversation muffles everything beyond us. Her left leg grazes my calf as she takes a long sip.

Just over her shoulder, I notice two men sitting down for an informal business meeting. I recognize the younger one as a former taxpayers association director, turned local politician. He always looks so put-together on TV, but here he is in mom jeans and a baggy tattersall shirt.

Office area in a machine shop. I have a large, L shaped desk that looks to be about 30 years old with a lot of scratches. The walls are unpainted cinder blocks. To my left, there's shelving with lots of parts for various utility trucks. Behind me is a wall of different air tools. Directly in front of me are several filing cabinets filled with three years of purchase orders. There's fine metal dust that covers everything in the building. Van Halen is on the radio in the back of the shop. The air compressor is running, I hear a grind wheel and an air drill periodically. One of our mechanics is outside of my office talking about how sweaty his balls are at this particular moment.

A dim lit, wood panelled room, painted a light tan. An olde, sturdy computer desk with dual sliding shelves is occupied by a black computer box, two monitors and various papers and a drawing of a half-realized fantasy world map. All of which is guarded by various orcs, some nazgul, two medieval knights, mancubus, clone trooper, stormtrooper, Darth Maul, a white dragon and some World of Warcraft Draenei figure. Another desk is piled with art supplies and a half-finished, oil painting of some mountain scene. A small bookcase is packed with fantasy and sci-fi books alongside a stack of Get Fuzzy and Sherman's Lagoon books and various movies on DVD. There's a small gray sofa, pillows and a 32" widescreen television with a nearby turntable and a stash of various vinyl records. The dehumidifier nearby hums as it sucks the moisture out of the air. On the wall a battery operated clock from some forgotten dollar store, ticks away as it slowly edges itself somewhere beyond the midnight hour.

A dark, untidy bedroom lit only by the afternoon sunlight peaking half closed blinds and dirty laundry covering the floor. The only furniture is an unmade steal bed, a rickety chair, a file cabinet, and a glass desk that holds up a flat screen TV serving as a computer monitor.

Exits are West and South East

>

Currently at school on the 17th floor staring at an Apple computer. It's close to getting dark outside and the stand-in teacher has buggered off.

Torching hot (not that hot, but hot enough) in my bedroom with my clip-on fan and a nice refreshing rootbeer polar pop from Circle K. Have a collection of Consoles, including Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Genesis (Both boxed and unboxed) with mega CD add-on and 32X, PSX, Dreamcast, Green Halo Xbox classic, Gamecube painted gold with Gameboy Player, and a Wii. Classic gameboy, Gamegear with broken speaker, Gameboy pocket, gameboy color, GBA, 3DS, boxed games including DOOM 2, heretic shareware and Shadow Of The Serpent Riders and other classics like that, also have its 3rd party map packs for DOOM, Heretic, HeXen, Duke Nukem 3D, and QUAKE. Windows 7 Home premium, VIC-Commodore, Commodore 64 with monitor, Rubbermaid box with my old art I've made since 2008. It is the evening. Also kinda messy. Tricky to keep it tidied with too much stuff. If my bike didn't had a flat tire, I would've donated some stuff.

Laying in be with my wife, both looking at our mobile phones in a well worn ritual of readying ourselves for the morning. Dylan is already up and downstairs, barely audibly but unmistakably cursing at his videogame.

I am at the "top left" corner of a square room. I am facing the "top" of the square. I am sitting in a chair at a white desk. To my left are piles of game boxes. To my right, in a drawer, are some game-related books and CDs. To the right of the computer, on the desk, are several small plastic food containers. The several plastic food containers are filled with sand and contain antlions. A Yamaha keyboard is stored near the far right side of the desk. Another Yamaha keyboard is on the floor nearby. Behind me are more shelves, with more plastic containers and game boxes and DVDs.

I'm sitting in a slightly uncomfortable black office chair, staring at an old-school Acer LCD (in all it's 5:4 glory). Everything around me is black, except for the sheets on my bed, the egg-shell walls, and the worn gray carpet. Purple light is emanating from beneath my bed, and the LED strands of lights hanging from my ceiling are producing sort of a blurry starfield against the wall. The room is small, yet very comfortable. Ambient temperature is about 72 degrees Fahrenheit.

Electromagnetic radiation is seeping in through the window from behind the blanket covering it. It's dangerous to go out during the daytime.

Exits are West and South East

Don't do it mang, every life is precious. You're a beautiful snowflake inside.

In a state of boredom, between fishing trips at my stepdad's cottage. Slouched on the couch with a touchpad mobile. There is flashlights-in-the-dark crime semi- silently on a medium sized TV. Whiskey bought for the cabin owner is causing slurred babble about genetics in the next room. Out the window and across a wide river is a different country (Finland). Somewhere behind a cold gray sky what remains of the midnight sun is bobbing along the horizon. There's a round red chair in here that doesn't fit with the rest of the interior (unpainted wood), and in the kitchen stacks of my childhood's cups & plates (hand blown ceramic) line the shelves. Marilyn Monroe is in the crime ads reflected in the small glass table next to me. Fishing gear.

In a massive, cold (about 64 degrees Fahrenheit), partially lit datacenter. The room is seemingly endless with numerous servers and machinery. The sun is absent... florescent lamps illuminate rays of light. The server engines are loud, but somewhat pleasant to listen too. The white tiles are dirty with dust. The Fibre channel/Ethernet wires are multicolored are hanging over the NIC switches. They look like spaghetti. The cold air blows everywhere... from the ceiling, from the walls, and even from the floor. I sit on the floor, repairing, upgrading, installing, and de-installing storage and networking equipment. I feel lonely.... yet at the same time I feel at peace.