Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

3DO Doom FMV pictures

Trip Hawkins was the CEO of 3DO during the console's lifespan. Someone could probably email him and ask.

Someone should remake the DOOM movie in this style. Same script but different setting/props. I'd hang myself by the balls to see that happen.

But then it'd make even less sense that they are mutants when they so clearly look like cheesy demons.

Besides, do you really want to preserve the chromosome monsters plot that badly?

Too many drugs, a greenscreen, and kickstarter funding can make everything possible. Including being funded a mountain of drugs and having no movie. Or making half a shitty game and needing an additional kick starter to complete the rest of it.

Hurr durr durr Modern Retro ironic Doom FMV gogogogogogogo

I just checked out the contents of my 3DO Doom disc to see if they left any goodies behind, sadly I can't see anything out of the ordinary. Curiously enough though the entire contents of the disc add up to about 155 MB, so they definitely could have had room to put in a few short FMVs if they wanted too...

Sorry for the low res picture, best I got for now. I'll try to see if I can get a hold of a better one.

Baron of Hell costume at Winter CES, January 1995.

Jaxxoon R said:

But then it'd make even less sense that they are mutants when they so clearly look like cheesy demons.

Besides, do you really want to preserve the chromosome monsters plot that badly?

That's Hollywood for ya, where one of the greatest taboos is acknowledging any kind of religious (especially Christian) subject matter. It's almost like when they tried to hand-wave the force on Star Wars as "Midichlorians" because we can't just have supernatural forces, we have to find some way to cram Science jargon in there even if it doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense.

Nuxius said:

Nuxius once again with the rare finds. Holy fuck that's hilarious! Sooo 90's TMNT.

Wait, is that really the Baron of Hell or a monster from Power Rangers?

MetroidJunkie said:

That's Hollywood for ya, where one of the greatest taboos is acknowledging any kind of religious (especially Christian) subject matter. It's almost like when they tried to hand-wave the force on Star Wars as "Midichlorians" because we can't just have supernatural forces, we have to find some way to cram Science jargon in there even if it doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense.

But shit like Drag Me to Hell or Hellraiser or Evil Dead or Nightmare on Elm Street. Hell, it's not exactly Hollywood but even Doctor Who had a giant evil Satan monster in one episode.

Guess it depends on the studio involved. Guess this one wanted to go for a more "shoehorned science" approach, even though it makes no sense whatsoever (especially that girl being the "chosen one" who's somehow immune to it, because THAT makes scientific sense) and they would have been better off just sticking to the hell theme. The whole ancient civilization crap also not only doesn't make any sense but it's really cliche on top of it.

Then again, it could be because those movies weren't meant to have sci-fi elements but Star Wars and Doom were. Of course, since it's sci-fi, you can't have hell because religion and science can't possibly go together, because reasons? Wouldn't explain your Doctor who example, though. XD

Oh God, this Is so cheesy and strange to look at, It's like one of those Grindhouse kinda movies. Though, I think the ending voice for PSX DOOM takes the cake.

Nuxius said:

Sorry for the low res picture, best I got for now. I'll try to see if I can get a hold of a better one.

http://s6.postimg.org/xyd4d88t9/3_DO_Baron_II.jpg

Well, I guess it was a bit too difficult to make that costume more accurate at the time. Props to the designer for trying though. *shrugs*

I always appreciate odd bits of lost Doom history. This find is about as good as the cyberdemon I spotted in Mad Magazine.

GoatLord said:

I always appreciate odd bits of lost Doom history. This find is about as good as the cyberdemon I spotted in Mad Magazine.

Oh Lord, I'd love to see that. Though, funny mentioning Mad Magazine as I use to read that Magazine. xD; Never really got the Issue You're talking about, I'd love to see where you spotted the Cyberdemon In a Issue of Mad.

Oh my god, the cheese. Grown men hopping around like children. Thanks for sharing that, I got a good laugh!

Tritnew said:

Oh Lord, I'd love to see that. Though, funny mentioning Mad Magazine as I use to read that Magazine. xD; Never really got the Issue You're talking about, I'd love to see where you spotted the Cyberdemon In a Issue of Mad.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/73419-doom-reference-in-mad-magazine-october-1996/

Sodaholic said:

Oh my god, the cheese. Grown men hopping around like children. Thanks for sharing that, I got a good laugh!

There's a great scene where the actors jump into the audience and you can see some pretty goddamn non-plussed guys not caring at all about what's happening.