Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fuzzball

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 21: Blackjack without the Hookers!

Name: Pillars of Eternal Green
Theme: 2 TNT textures, Gunshot Switches, a tiny bit of dynamic map, Lighting
Build Time: 2 hours + ~30 minutes of staring into space listening to skype
Music: FZero GX Shop music

There are a couple spots that you can fall into. Be careful.

Name: An Unfortunate Disaster
Theme: All of them, I think!
Build Time: 2 and a half hours or so
Music: "The Hornet" by Jimmy

I apologize for nothing.

EDIT: Fixed a couple things, same link.

Not happy with my map to be honest...probably best not to include it for the final set- for the stream is fine but it's a piece of shit.

MIDI: Sunder map 6
Themes: changing geometry, shoot switches

link.

There's two files in there, one contains cc4-tex textures in it (since I did that early on as I had no idea which textures I'd use), and the second I tried to remove unused textures in SLADE, but it doesn't work so whatever (I don't actually know how to deal with textures).

Since my map crashed and burned, I've decided to make a HUD instead. I made it in 3DS Max and rendered it down to the tiny in-game resolution of 320x32 which just makes it look completely flat. I made it sort of just as a slightly cleaner version of the original so the numbers still fit the theme because I don't have time to make individual numbers for it.

This is what it's meant to look like

This is what it looks like in-game

I realise it's slightly off-centre but I haven't got the patience or time to fix it right now. keeping in form with the maps

Download link
https://mega.nz/#!CAsCyKrT!1j9AV6lbzJvAwhVNLvZ42LRAu_HGaPoRKkIsMEMFg0s

Obsidian said:

Bad link, but in quoting to post this, Doomworld corrected the link, but only inside the quote in my post before I post it. If I copy that link to a new window, it works. If I then copy that new window link to this post, it's wrong again. It puts a space before ' My' and a ' <br/>' between the r and s of Trousers. Very weird.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/40pkx7mbshd5m2q/My%20Internet%20is%20Masquerading%20as%20a%20Pair%20of%20Corduroy%20Trousers.wad?dl=0

Yeah for future versions remove my map...lost motivation and just farted out some room and stuff- apparently broken to. =/ Bleh...not a good ASS for me..

Yeah, I'd say it would be safe to remove my map from the pack. I took too long working on this map and I don't really feel like updating it. Ah well, guess I have 32 in 24 to look forward to. Maybe next month's ASS as well.

Cool maps you guys! Ill be sure to write up a quick review of each map when I get back to the United States.

So far my favorite maps are by:
Franckfrag
Surreily
ArmouredBlood
AD_79
MarketAnarchy
Obsidian
4ShockBlast
Pinchy
An_Mutt
TheMionicDonut
Breezeep

FuzzballFox said:

Not happy with my map to be honest...probably best not to include it for the final set- for the stream is fine but it's a piece of shit.

Honestly you have done better. Perhaps you had some creativity block in your brain. It gets the best of us sometimes. You should keep it in this addition of ASS as a reminder to try harder. I know I myself wasn't satisfied with my map for the 20th ASS either.

Breezeep said:

Yeah, I'd say it would be safe to remove my map from the pack.

I would re-think your request. Your map was actually pretty fun even when it became a slaughter map. Just leave it in as a reminder to try harder as previously stated.

SUDDENLY A JIMMY OUT OF LITERALLY NOWHERE

Name: Transuranic Nepotism Depot
Music: "Turrican 2 - The Wall (Stage 4-1)"
Build Time: not only did I do this outside the session but I took like 4½ hours anyway, go me
Themes used: Basically none, but maybe dynamic geometry? ish?

this probably won't get in, rofl

edit: fixideidediedied

Since alter convinced me that my map is not shit, I've Updated the map. I have added a bit more ammo, repositioned that shootable switch that lowers the blue key and realigned the shootable switches to prevent confusion.

Have an update to my map, which basically overhauls the two main encounters and makes them more difficult as I had originally wanted.

Also an update to my map. I don't think any bugs required fixing, so this is just some cosmetic stuff such as additional lighting effects, along with a secret.

Just as a note, the sky I included for the map doesn't come up in the compilation, although I assume that will be seen to once a more thorough compilation job is done.