Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sharessa

Die Musik von Deutchland!

I posted this poll once a long time ago, but now I am much more learned in the music of Germany. So who is it?

I wouldn't know where to start. Just look up KMFDM, Kraftwerk, Das Ich, or Rammstein on KaZaA or something.

Actualy, if you want Das Ich, ask Lüt. :)

Heh - just stick on any rock channel (MTV2, Kerrang!, etc), and you'll eventually get a glimpse of Rammstein.

I haven't heard much from KMFDM - i first heard 'Ultra' from the Streetfighter II anime soundtrack (along with Korn's 'Blind' and AIC 'Them Bones'). As soon as i can scrounge some cash together, i'll be buying their 'Nihil' album.

Kraftwerk for me, their influence on electronica cannot be measured in numbers.

Some great German songs have appeared over time. Who could forget Fleugzeug in meinen bauch? and also;

"Gibt mir mein hert zuruch, du braust meine liebe nicht, gibt mir mein hert zurcuch, bevor es ausinander mich, je eher, je eher du gehst, um so leichter um so leicheter wirds fur mich.."

Haha, Herbert Gronemeyer... I still have yet to hear a full song of his.

the_Danarchist said:

Heh. Who voted for Neubauten?

Me.

Not german, but do you know Throbbing Gristle?

Lüt said:

Haha, Herbert Gronemeyer... I still have yet to hear a full song of his.

Yeah, I just put that in because of that damned book. Heh.

Little Faith said:

Not german, but do you know Throbbing Gristle?

Heh, yeah...weird shit. They were pretty much the first industrial band ever, unless you count Kraftwerk. In fact, they even coined the term 'Industrial Music' and founded Industrial Records. Were they British? Or were they from somewhere else? The place where I found info on them only said they were 'European'.

the_Danarchist said:

Yeah, I just put that in because of that damned book. Heh.

Yeah I know, he's the only person I've wanted to hear songs from for over 8 years and still haven't :P

Heh...yeah. I doubt he's good, but I just want a listen anyway.

Oh yeah, that reminds me...do you still have any of those Deutsch Aktuel books?

the_Danarchist said:

Were they British? Or were they from somewhere else? The place where I found info on them only said they were 'European'.

They were british. The band broke up when the head figure Genesis P. Orridge was exiled from Britain. He now resides in USA. (I don't know why he was exiled though and it bothers me).

Heh. That's great. I've always heard that he was a freaky looking guy.

Well, he didn't look all that freaky, but his behaviour was rather unsettling. He was known for attacking the audience at times. At other times he would invite people to play some of the instruments.

Throbbing Gristle concerts was legendary for the amount of audience interaction as well as general mayhem.

the_Danarchist said:

Oh yeah, that reminds me...do you still have any of those Deutsch Aktuel books?

I'm pretty sure I have 1 & 2 around somewhere, I think they're in my closet upstairs. 2 friends and I ended up with about 40 of them, we burnt most of them.

Heh, the German learning books? IIRC I have them all, I keep all my old school shit.

Heh...I just discovered a new band, called SCHWEIN. It's Sascha from KMFDM (German), Raymond Watts from Pig (English), and two guys from Japan. It's like the greatest international musical project ever.

KMFDM

Take your favorite rally simulation game [ideally Colin McRae Rally 2.0] and put any KMFDM playlist/album on. You can feel the love.

I'm from germany and i'd say check out "Rinderwahnsinn" if you get something from them. Rammstein sucks bigtime. All their songs sound the same.

Also great:

Negativ Nein (no longer existant)
Die Ärzte (older stuff)

There's a Neubauten song called 'Negativ Nein', which I really like, but it got deleted off my hd and I can't find it on Kazaa.

Ptoing said:

Rammstein sucks bigtime. All their songs sound the same.

I don't think they all sound the same, but they use the same boring cut+paste "formula" in each of them, they get annoying after about a minute or two. They're the metal/industrial equivalent of the average boyband. Throw a few loops together, wheee, there's a song.

If they'd put some time into writing their music they could have some REALLY great stuff. Unfortunately they've made absolutely no forward progression in songwriting over their last 3 albums, in fact I'd say they even took a step backwards with each one, although I have to admit some stuff on Mutter is cool-sounding regardless of the fact that it's probably their most simplistic stuff yet.

Yeah, Rammstein is good, but they seem a bit to clean cut or something. It's really funny when people refer to them as industrial, because they sound more like studio-crafted metal.

Rammstein plays METAL, get it!

Yeah they use synths, like they haven't been around in the metal genre for ages!

heh, i like Funker Vogt
i was gonna go to a KMFDM concert outside of St. Louis, but my mom decided to move out that week, so i couldnt go.