Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skatepunk60

Whats up with the fish?

gatewatcher said:

DSM's fishes are amazing. i tried to make a DSM-style devil fish and i just couldn't nail all the effects he can do. i just got so fed up i just painted everything with normal colors and no effects. except for the eyes, those have a little color effect in them.

Putting down the effects and details require a lot of fidgeting with individual pixels and experimentation with colour tones.

Patience and concentration is the key...oh yeah and then some cool music playing while working :-)

Livo said:

Swim swim hungry, swim swim hungry, swim swim hungry.

Oh sorry, someone say something about fish avatars? :p

My avatar used to be the Dopefish!

999cop said:

All avatars are belong to me!

/my avatar owns :)

your avitar looks god-awful in PH.

I have a fish avitar, but today I unveiled my I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON .png avitar, which owns ALL your fish!

Insomniac said:

I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON

Mwhahahahaha, you = 0wn3d

I knew it was gonna do it anyways, so I let it.

The important thing is that i got a I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON .png avatar

[edit]GODDAMN IT![/edit]

dsm said:

Putting down the effects and details require a lot of fidgeting with individual pixels and experimentation with colour tones.

yeah, my fish evolved a little bit more by using that advice, thanks :)

Davidoom confessed:
I raped gatewatcher's fish.

heh, i figured =P

o and PH=PostHell

dsm said:

art stuffage

Heh, you should get a graphics tablet. I use mine all the time and came up with my old fish (before blockfish) in 20 minutes tops.

They really do rule.

darknation said:

Heh, you should get a graphics tablet. I use mine all the time and came up with my old fish (before blockfish) in 20 minutes tops.

They really do rule.

How exactly do use a graphics tablet? I don't think I'm too familiar with that. But it would be nice to have one if they really do make it easier to do kickass art.

Damnit, I want my own fish...like...a fish with dreadlocks and a cigarette in its mouth and looking all pissed off.

dsm said:

How exactly do use a graphics tablet? I don't think I'm too familiar with that. But it would be nice to have one if they really do make it easier to do kickass art.

Just like using a normal pencil... select the opacitsy (sp?) of the tool like you would the hardness of a pencil and draw directly onto your screen, running the stylus over the same area a couple of times and crosshatching for shading.

Disorder said:

You mean sorta like Esco's fish??

I'd say more like BBG's personal pic.

I made mine off of the cyclops fish, because i needed a good template. This is not a devil fish. it's a HISSY fish. see the absurd grin?

fraggle said:

Its time for a change! Leave the fish, blocky avatars are the future!

Mine's a fish and it's all pixellated :P

RailGunner said:

umm guys. arioch is making everybody get rid of their fish avatars by july 20th for some gay reason.

HEY! thanks for the update. o wait, yeah, everyone already read that thread a few hours ago.