Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gez

Raymoohawk's sprite edits

They could be items appropriate to the kind of powerup. A belt with a forcefield generator (like in Dark Forces) or an enchanted suit of armor would convey "invulnerability", a big medikit would convey "supercharge", a big medikit + armor combo would convey "megasphere", etc.

And yes you can have animations on these things. Blinking LEDs, glowy halos, lightning arcs, etc.

those sound good, but i'd like to hear as many ideas as possible, not only for creativity's sake, but also to make sure we are all happy with the direction this time around

preferably each item should be a different thing i think. i suppose one could be a rune and another a ring, but lets trow around some more ideas first

i realize my attitude has not been the best as of late. ill be more mindful of you guys opinions and feedback from now on ;)

so getting the topic back to positive news, teh bucket has informed me that the serpentipede model is almost done! hes in the process of rigging it. from what ive seen this model is proportionally the closest to my sprites, so it will really come in handy in finally getting the monster done

I think a cloak would fit well for Invisibility, a knuckle-duster for the Berserk, maybe a headlamp for the Light-Amp and something like a strong helmet with a visor (because it changes your view) for Invincibility.

raymoohawk said:

i realize my attitude has not been the best as of late.

Not from what I have read. Although the assets made are not always to my taste they are mostly of professional quality and it seemed like you were making a reasonable request to me.

(I don't intend to kick the hornets nest by saying this BTW, I just don't think you should feel bad).

some more octi, getting the far leg to animate acceptibly was a massive bitch. turns out deleting the tentacle in the second frame fixed it XD

also teh buckets model is finished

as usual it is purely utilitarian, but it should serve properly for spriting, specially since the proportions are really close to the sprite this time

Very nice animations!

Also I found a zam pillar. I think this would be much better as a statue for the same reason as the items. Living creatures should not be a decoration or item, the animation makes it appear alive.

Might only need a slight recolor and remove its animation to make it a nice statue.

ill replace it entirely then, the original is the pillar with the beating heart, so it should still be something animated

I actually like it as a statue as long as it didn't appear alive. Maybe have it do something else, like holding a ball of fire like that one powerup.

but it wouldnt give of light would it? (i dont remember if the pillars are lit in game)

i guess it could be made into a mini fountain instead, spitting water or blood from the mouth

kinda like this maybe

It looks really cool, but it seems so... stiff, or something. I can't quite put my finger on it. However, you have since become the Jesus of this project, because all in all its awesome work.

i think the problem is that i didnt change the head from frame to frame like the original baron did. ill make the head lower a bit on the leg raising frames. if anyone has suggestions on how to improve it bring them up please

It looks stiff because the torso is completely still and only the arms and legs move. The torso is suppose to move sligthly from side to side when walking. I can tell because I make the exact same mistake all the time :p

Catoptromancy said:

Information

You are not authorised to download this attachment.

That should be obvious... Only members of the ZDoom club can use the attachment feature. :P

EDIT: aw, now it's gone. :(

sorry about that, i dint realize it was a forum attachment

here it is, its not ready to commit yet, since its only the first frame, but it gives the idea

would you want colors to be changed or is it fine like that? also should it be blood or water that comes out?

Maybe some type of yellow oozing liquid of some sort? Or just some rarely seen set of color in Doom in general would be pretty neat.

Not sure. It looks good but zam is same color as pillar, so it just blends in. Changing color of only the zam may look odd sitting on a green pillar. Changing the color of entire pillar might work, but then need to change color of other green pillar. I think keeping the pillar green and making the zam more like a marble color should work. The green pillar and greenish marble zam would not entirely blend in or clash.

I really like these new pillars so far. I retract my earlier statement, I don't mind the Zams, I just don't want them to be item pickups, not do I want excessive focus on them in general.

Catoptromancy said:

I think keeping the pillar green and making the zam more like a marble color should work.

I'd argue that the Zam should stay green and the pillar made more of a marble color.

Sodaholic said:

I'd argue that the Zam should stay green and the pillar made more of a marble color.

I was trying to make the zam not look alive. Leaving it green would make it the same color as the keen zam and still makes it look alive. Not sure what it needs.

There are several new torches based on monster sprites, those are all not the same color as the monsters either.

raymoohawk said:

why would changing the color of this pillar mean the other pillar has to change color too?

They feel like a matching set. Would make sense that they were similar.

Simply make it a paler shade of green similar to the Doom marble pillars. As it is, the colour is somewhat garish and doesn't even blend/match with the existing marble textures/flats.

updated keesha, courtesy of mazmon

the explsion probably needs some more work, maybe someone could splice something together from the explosions sprites already in freedoom?

yet moar pesti! a little stiff since i made a lot of copy paste, but with the limited tiem i have right now its all i can do (i do plan to improve it later of course)

but wait... there's moar!

here is an animatic done by arborix (the author of http://doommonsters.tumblr.com/ if u havent yet go follow!)

i will be using it as referent for the pesti death (and pain state)

raymoohawk said:

here is an animatic done by arborix (the author of http://doommonsters.tumblr.com/ if u havent yet go follow!)

http://orig02.deviantart.net/0abb/f/2015/242/4/e/pestmeester_death_by_arborix-d97txr8.gif

"I'm freeeee!"

Anyway, I'm with Soda on giving the pillar a marble-color while retaining the Zan's green color. Or you could... I dunno, "marbleize" both of them. :/

thats what i was thinking, i dont like the saturated green i gave the pillar, so if everyone is ok with it, ill make it marble green