Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Welcome to the Doom Editing Tutorials subforum!

The Doom Editing Tutorials subforum is intended as a long-term repository for tutorials to teach people how to do some Doom editing related activity.

Cool, has this been unveiled just now? I see some tutorials are from 15 August this year!

Can't wait to see what cool tutorials people will end up creating. Good job on all the tutorials. How long did it take you to make them all?

Edit: Also, are video tutorials ok as well as text-based ones?

Amazing! Also, will be added threads for more advanced stuff like vanilla tricks (3d-bridges, self-referecing sectors...)? Or a look at the Boom features?

Ay this is a pretty cool thing that just happened recently that I almost totally missed. I know what I'll be reading this week.

To sum this up (together with the recent changes) while using a realy stupid yet somehow correct joke...

Doom and related worlds ; 1
Trash posting and everything else ; 0

Oh hey, I didn't know the forum software could support subforums. It's so cozy feeling, like a little pocket dimension of sorts. Just plants and cool tile ad bricks and stairs and soft, even lighting and different thingies telling you how to things.

Yeeaaah, think the basement from That 70's show meets a laid back pub only clean.

Oh huh, I had no idea this subforum existed -- I can't see it from the main index, and I don't click through to Doom Editing that often. o_O

Sneaky critters.

Maybe the description of Doom Editing on the main forum index page could be extended to say: "Now with a new subsection for editing tutorials!"

I guess I might aswell ask this here, are we allowed to make tutorials for subjects that have already been covered? Like, I noticed that there's already a tutorial on making brightmaps in here, but I have my own technique that is really easy could be very useful for people, and I want to share it with everyone.

If it's an already covered subject (a goal to be achieved), but a not yet covered technique (a specific way to achieve the goal), it's all right for you to make a tutorial for the technique, of course. Even if it was an already covered technique, and you managed to make a tutorial better than the existing one, I think it would be all right as well.

Hi everyone, 

I have 3 questions: 

-I realized GZDoom has stopped his development and Doombuilder 2 has no update since long time. What is currently the best and most update map editor for DOOM?

- How can I edit maps for project brutality? For instance hoe can I choose which monster variant or weapon upgrade I want to put in the map?

- I want to use project brutality files to edit a map and play with PB but everytime I try to load a pk3 file as ressource in GZdoom or doombuilder it doesn't work and show me an error message.

In the attached screensoht yuo can see what I am talking about.

Please help me!!!

screenshot.png