Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonsbrethren

PSX Doom: The Lost Levels - New Pre-Beta Available courtesy of Salahmander2

Decided to do something for PSX NRFTL. It doesn't sounds like really PSX Doom, so it's just ambient music inspired by...

Salahmander2 said:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ikeo45iz48e0sp1/Mas4.wad

Hell Mountain.

Oh. My. God.

That was tough as hell, this level has the most sidedefs to get rid of thus far. Like the previous level, used the Visplane Explorer to help make it PSX like. It feels quite different to before. MAP01 as usual.

Tested all your levels and this was the one I liked most. First time playing these levels. No issues to report. Thanks for your efforts making these a reality. Top notch work!

Can someone upload/give a link to LAST version of the Lost Levels?

I have a lot of psxlost.pk3 and they all...different, but I can't get the time because I downloaded older versions after newer versions twice by mistake. So, I'm totally confused.

I need this to finish the project (add new zmapinfo with new Lost73 + fixed Redemption)

DeXiaZ said:

Can someone upload/give a link to LAST version of the Lost Levels?

I have a lot of psxlost.pk3 and they all...different, but I can't get the time because I downloaded older versions after newer versions twice by mistake. So, I'm totally confused.

I need this to finish the project (add new zmapinfo with new Lost73 + fixed Redemption)

If you read one of my posts around the top of this page, it said that I'd sort it.

I thought that "NRFTL" is the missing link between Doom 2/TNT/PLUTONIA and Doom 64.

But you want make it without any episodes between TLL and Absolution episodes.

I don't found this idea good, but I think we're not alone who can see this and think about this, maybe somebody accept your idea and this would be ok.

How about you guys release Lost Levels first before worrying about No Rest of the Living? That can come later in form of an update of lost levels. I've been holding off on trying to play it until it's done and out.

Yeah I think it's better to release it as a separate episode, since this project was just supposed to be Master Levels + IWAD maps. A final release has been put off long enough already.

alterworldruler said:

How about you guys release Lost Levels first before worrying about No Rest of the Living? That can come later in form of an update of lost levels. I've been holding off on trying to play it until it's done and out.

The Lost Levels was pretty much released, the new Lost Level was done after the release.

With regards to what everyone else is saying, I shall release it as a standalone.

On another note:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nkt1b61l831k9kw/Mas7.wad

Baron's Banquet

This was a lot easier than the previous level, height was a pain, but nothing I couldn't handle.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u7bpro5aabnva4e/Mas8.wad

Tomb Of Malevolence

This is in my honest opinion, the easiest level to convert in NRFTL, didn't need to fuck about the reducing textures or even getting the monster count down, hell even the details didn't get reduced so much, only the height changed.

Now that NRFTL is done and dusted...

Gonna sort the ZMAPINFO out, will release the new version on the 5th. After I've sorted the ZMAPINFO, am gonna re-convert Containment Area, Commander Center, Halls Of The Damned, Spawning Vats, Pandemonium and House of Pain, so kinda as if Midway converted it and not the Jaguar versions. Edit: On seconds thoughts, I'm gonna leave it for now. NRFTL wore me out enough as it did.

ZMAPINFO related...

Guys, I'm thinking of having a couple of level names changed, this is for Central Processing TNT and Sewers Ultimate Doom, does anyone have any suggestions.

The Lost Levels was pretty much released, the new Lost Level was done after the release.

I don't think so. It was 0.9, not a 1.0 or 1.1

Guys, I'm thinking of having a couple of level names changed, this is for Central Processing TNT and Sewers Ultimate Doom, does anyone have any suggestions.

TNT Central Processing - Io's CP
UD Sewers - Vicarious Visions (http://doomwiki.org/wiki/E1M10:_Sewers_(Xbox_Doom))

Yeah I want to play this. Playstation doom was always one of my favorite versions partly from the music and colored lights. Never knew it had so many limitations I would have thought it had less than the PC one.
Its cool to see new levels for PSX doom, and the maps looks really cool so far.

Ragnor said:

Just call the xbox sewers "Lost Sewers" or something, heh.

Not bad idea, lel. Really.

@abcdefg

Well, I'll say it as all developer team: thanks!

Salahmander2 said:

It's here, the new version is here, now it has the Lost Lost Level and the ZMAPINFO has been updated to include it. Also as a neat bonus, is No Rest For The Living. As you guys requested, it is a seperate episode from the Lost Levels. Enjoy.

Awesome! Just started playing your adaptation of NRFTL and am loving it. Great job converting these levels to PSX style.

Ragnor said:

And now those gotta be playtested.

And that means the project now from 99% is 80%. Great, lawl.

UPD: Should I do new music for new episode?
UPD2: Finished NRFTL. Also liked renames of TLL maps as "Main processing" and "Lost sewers". Good work!

Mostly liked music choices, but on 4 maps I didn't like them (#2, final map + I forgot other numbers). I'll try to replace only 2 tracks by my own creations (which I should create, lol)

So, minor bugs: