Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

adding few bars as detailing or change the ceiling texture instead of the sky will work better imo, anyway looks pretty cool TraceOfSpades!

working on my map for doomworld megawad project, i've made lots of progress today!

working on map for septymber project with the collaboration of fonze. can you recognize the area ;)?

well probably with this last screen already someone figure which area is the entrance of this map

AD_79 said:

Wormhole?

yup pretty much the entrance its inspired by wormhole

I could be totally wrong, but is this a boom thing where your textures are wireframe middle textures and your walls are transfer skies?

Getsu Fune said:

just playing with weapon and monster mods that's all.

Damn, that is one huge body pile you got yourself there, what is the map?

-

And these are some screenshots that explain nothing about something I am making for Plutonia:

(Dark rock tunnel place thing with dead things)

(Marble room with blood and other demon stuff)

I have legit quit my old megawad and gave it up just so I can do one map things like this thing, surprisingly it is a lot more enjoyable.

Nice shots JoshMan. I was always fond of Doom2's weird naturalistic textures for some reason. That being said, blood pools in doom's water are never too convincing haha. Not that that's the aim necessarily.

40oz said:

I could be totally wrong, but is this a boom thing where your textures are wireframe middle textures and your walls are transfer skies?

Pretty much, though I decided to use Zdoom since I don't want to mess around with a palette for this.

walter confalonieri said:

looks awesome lupinx-kassman!

Danke!

i really like how the map is going. i hope the map can be finished in this week

Meh, I don't receive email notifications anymore, keep missing updates until I remember to check here.

I believe I can't mark post as "have read it" anymore...

A multi-storey tower:

A bridge with boring looking corridor running underneath:

Top:

Middle:

Bottom:

This Post Your Doom Picture post was brought to you by the number 3 and the letter D.

Did King Minos decorate your map by any chance? :P

I like the look of it, I have always liked golden structures and I really love the contrast with the brown (I don't know why).

-

lupinx-Kassman said:

Nice shots JoshMan. I was always fond of Doom2's weird naturalistic textures for some reason. That being said, blood pools in doom's water are never too convincing haha. Not that that's the aim necessarily.

Thanks!

I personally think ASHWALL and TANROCK need more use, I love those selections of textures. I also think I add too much gore to my levels, I should steer clear of using it in water but I just can't help it.

-

(Surprisingly, this is part of a hub and has many routes in and out)

rf` said:

The progress is real, folks!

Great shots, and I love the grab-like pose of the hands. Please tell me there will be a secret Benny Hill level where the player has to chase lots of big breasted women.

Dave The Daring said:

Great shots, and I love the grab-like pose of the hands. Please tell me there will be a secret Benny Hill level where the player has to chase lots of big breasted women.

This is by far the strangest request I've seen directed at me. As much as I enjoy big breasted women why would you even ask for that?

Dave The Daring said:

What's so strange about my request? I like big breasted women, you like big breasted women, so just make a map where the player has to grab said big breasts. Simples.

Somewhere in here is a custom title.

Playing around with jmickle's Junkcity Texture Pack - converted to Doom palette. a little bit uglier, but not much, and I hate testing in GZDoom anyway.

Jaws In Space said:

Somewhere in here is a custom title.

Indeed there is! ;)

@Katamori - Very atmospheric. I can just imagine Jack the Ripper hiding around a corner. Coincidentally, I happened to watch the Twitch stream where jmickle made those textures.

So it took me a few years to realise that F_SKY1 ...is cropped from a mountain texture. Which one do you ask?

Mind blown...also it's past 5am and I should get some sleep.

It seems that id was originally intending to allow manual sky selection with multiple sky flats. The press release beta has F_SKY2 and more, all cropped from the other beta skies.