Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoirSuede

Is it okay to like Sonic ?

Ooh yeah Vectorman. Gritty as fuck and pretty rad. There was also that EU/J/Sega Channel exclusive ports of the original 3 Mega Man games.

I always liked Dinosaurs for Hire, the Pink Panther game, the Tazz game, and Earthworm Jim. Oh and Warlock was fuckin nuts back in the day if anyone remembers that one.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Not to mention people bringing up COD and telling it's better than DOOM .

The power of fanboyism, i hate it, seriously this shit needs to stop, it's getting ridiculous.

Ralphis said:

Sonic 3 & Knuckles is peak 2d platformer

(welles.gif)

As a fan of all the 16bit games, the Sonic cycle kills me.

1. There's a new Sonic game coming out, with the promise that all the issues of the previous game have been looked at and it won't be shite this time.

2. Hype builds as the game is billed as the game starving fans have waited 20+ years for.

3. The game comes out and is filled with completely WTF design/physics/narrative decisions and a couple of hundred bugs that ruin the gameplay.

4. Return to point 1, ad infinitum.

Sonic 4 E1 was the final straw for me. The aforementioned counterintuitive physics that flew directly in the face of the older games it was trying to emulate simply struck me as Sega effectively trolling its fanbase. All the ingredients were there for a proper oldskool Sonic game, and then they fundamentally changed the one thing that made the games fun to play. Total logic failure. Haven't even bothered with E2.

@Ed: Vectorman would probably be bigger than it is, had it not been for that disastrous PS2 reboot ...

J.B.R said:

The power of fanboyism, i hate it, seriously this shit needs to stop, it's getting ridiculous.

Those guys only care about Multiplayer :P, thinking it's dead just because it's not playable online .

scalliano said:

(welles.gif)

As a fan of all the 16bit games, the Sonic cycle kills me.

1. There's a new Sonic game coming out, with the promise that all the issues of the previous game have been looked at and it won't be shite this time.

2. Hype builds as the game is billed as the game starving fans have waited 20+ years for.

3. The game comes out and is filled with completely WTF design/physics/narrative decisions and a couple of hundred bugs that ruin the gameplay.

4. Return to point 1, ad infinitum.

Sonic 4 E1 was the final straw for me. The aforementioned counterintuitive physics that flew directly in the face of the older games it was trying to emulate simply struck me as Sega effectively trolling its fanbase. All the ingredients were there for a proper oldskool Sonic game, and then they fundamentally changed the one thing that made the games fun to play. Total logic failure. Haven't even bothered with E2.

@Ed: Vectorman would probably be bigger than it is, had it not been for that disastrous PS2 reboot ...

What about Generations ?

NoirSuede said:

What about Generations ?

Generations combined both classic and Modern gameplay styles with 1 Storyline , I Really liked it .

J.B.R said:

For a doom fanboy on a doom fan website for doom fanboys, and doom fanwoman, thats a bold statement to make. All this forum ever does is shit on the games us people in their mid to end 20's play (and teens, and early 30's).

En garde !

FireFish said:

For a doom fanboy on a doom fan website for doom fanboys, and doom fanwoman, thats a bold statement to make. All this forum ever does is shit on the games us people in their mid to end 20's play (and teens, and early 30's).

En garde !

True, but not as worse as the Sonic fanbase.

Sodaholic said:

It was a rhetorical question. I was pointing out that his username is Jaxxoon R, not Jaxxoon6. Also, what's with the random capitalization?

He capitalizes nouns for some reason like they're all proper nouns.

SavageCorona said:

It's just the way I type. :\ Been that way sort of, sorry If It bothers anyone.

Tritnew said:

It's just the way I type. :\ Been that way sort of, sorry If It bothers anyone.

Sonic says the same thing about his games.

SavageCorona said:

Well, is English his first language?

Regardless, At Least It Is Not All Like How A Certain Bellend Would Type Every Sentence Every Time.

BaronOfStuff said:

Well, is English his first language?

Regardless, At Least It Is Not All Like How A Certain Bellend Would Type Every Sentence Every Time.

English Is Infact my first language, my typing has been that way for a long time already, but I'm sort of already typing without making large sentences.

Anyways, onto the Sonic topic.

FireFish said:

En garde !

Thanks a lot Mr.Fish of Fire, that proves you live up to your title, lawl.
1 more thing:I'm not a fanboy, just a fan, that's all.

darknation said:

I really like the latest design with the blue arms.

Me too, It actually makes Sonic a little realistic?

BaronOfStuff said:

Fat 90's Sonic was best Sonic.

If the original Sonic didn't exist, I'd go with the '98 model because I feel it was a very effective comic rendering. However, I agree with fat 90s sonic being the overall best, because his basic design is very close to the black-and-white cartoons of the 1920s and 30s; you can see this in other popular characters like Homer Simpson. That rounded look was very aesthetic and old school for me.

GoatLord said:

If the original Sonic didn't exist, I'd go with the '98 model because I feel it was a very effective comic rendering. However, I agree with fat 90s sonic being the overall best, because his basic design is very close to the black-and-white cartoons of the 1920s and 30s; you can see this in other popular characters like Homer Simpson. That rounded look was very aesthetic and old school for me.

I know right? I miss Dr. Robotnik being Dr. Robotnik, I actually still call him by that name, It makes him more, I dunno, evil. Though, they sort of made him a goofy kinda character since that Sonic short In Sonic Jam. He even told Sonic his name was Dr. Robotnik after he Insulted him. Just- What the hell, Sega.

I think the people whom make sonic look like a serious retard (seriously look at those faces) are either total idiots making fun of something they dont understand, innocent small children, or retards.

BaronOfStuff said:

Fat 90's Sonic

Probably designed that way to work around the low resolution of consoles from that era, like how Mario was given a moustache to give him recognizable human features.

Tritnew said:

I miss Dr. Robotnik being Dr. Robotnik, I actually still call him by that name, It makes him more, I dunno, evil.

Though the name was purely an invention of the American localization team (most of whose work is non-canon), it was solidified into canon with Sonic Adventure 2 implying that Robotnik is his family name while Eggman is the nickname that people prefer to call him, if that makes you feel any better.

Tritnew said:

Though, they sort of made him a goofy kinda character since that Sonic short In Sonic Jam.

He was always a goofy character from the start, any sinister vibe is again the result of localization (including the boss theme in the US version of Sonic CD). Hell, originally he wore pajamas, then a bee costume, until settling on the black pants, red shirt and yellow cape design.

FireFish said:

I think the people whom make sonic look like a serious retard (seriously look at those faces) are either total idiots making fun of something they dont understand, innocent small children, or retards.

you're right. I am making fun of something I don't understand. I originally assumed Generation Assburgers latched onto sonic during their childhood and, having no *real* human friends in either school or adulthood, populated their dreams and fantasies with blue fucking hedgehogs and assorted furry abominations.

I assume you know differently.

Well if you look at Dr.Robotnik you can see that his torso looks like a egg, so i guess it makes sense to call him Eggman, as for his family name Robotnik, i'm guessing that it's because he makes robots right?