Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JDoyle

Old Doom music

Hello everyone! A long time ago I wrote a bunch of music for a few Doom wads: Icarus , Osiris and Requiem. I then went off to music school, flunked out, got a job... etc. I've always looked back on my Doom music writing years as one of the most creative spots in my life. Recently I was amazed to discover a number of remakes and covers on YouTube and I figured I'd upload some of the tunes using the old synth I wrote them on. Maybe they'll be interesting to someone, who knows? :) I'm also thinking about re-working a few of the songs using more up to date sounds.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRfeVFHC5QEXWn9Q_Ze_1fA/playlists
Hope you enjoy,
Jeremy

Woah, unused Requiem midis. Really cool stuff here, I must say. I didn't even know you did some of the Icarus music (even though you're listed on the CREDIT graphic but I never actually looked at that before...).

Also, I bet the community would love to have midi versions of those unused Requiem tracks ;)

Hey, most of the soundtrack in Icarus is uncredited (only those by Mustaine, Klem, or Shaw are identified) so if you can help with that, it'd be cool!

And yeah, the unused .mid would be nice.

Gez said:

Hey, most of the soundtrack in Icarus is uncredited (only those by Mustaine, Klem, or Shaw are identified) so if you can help with that, it'd be cool!

And yeah, the unused .mid would be nice.

Sure, a quick list of my contributions to Icarus:

Map03 Quarry - File name "hell.mid"
Map04 Engineering - File name "melting.mid"
Map05 Flipside - File name "mad.mid"
Map07 Sickbay - File name "strthme3.mid"
Map11 Feeding Frenzy - File name "stomp.mid"
Map12 Hydroponics - File name "star2.mid"
Map16 Boot Camp - File name "fast.mid"
Map21 Engine Core - File name "ripsnort.mid"
Map29 Brutality - Can't find the original file for this, but I'm pretty certain I wrote it.
Map32 Prestidigitation - File name "creepjaz.mid"

Some of these I'd totally forgotten that I'd written until I went back to a recovery CD from a hard drive that crashed in 1997. I'm pretty sure Map32 started out as a joke and Map07 started out as an idea for the reoccurring Icarus theme.
As far as the unused Requiem .mids, where would I upload those? I'd love them to get used after all this time.

JDoyle said:

As far as the unused Requiem .mids, where would I upload those? I'd love them to get used after all this time.

Well, Dropbox would be a good start... Google Drive is another option.

Also, the idgames archive does have a music directory.

And thanks for that list. :) Is "strthme3" short for "Star Theme 3" or something else?

Gez said:

Also, the idgames archive does have a music directory.

And thanks for that list. :) Is "strthme3" short for "Star Theme 3" or something else?

Yes, Star Theme third version. I've always been bad at naming songs and 8.3 file names meant I had some pretty stupid song names... "ripsnort"? I don't know.

Very nice, I never realised that Requiem had some unused midis, there are some right gems in here. Also, it's nice to finally have one of the composers of the Icarus soundtrack around these parts so thanks for sharing, sunshine.

I've uploaded all my Doom midis to my Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B79YBwbj0yrTQVNldmRBYUNsMlE&usp=sharing

If anyone would like to use them in mapping projects or remixes, please go ahead- all I ask is to be credited. In going through my old recovered files, I found a folder named "TNT-TC" full of unfinished midis. If I remember correctly, after Icarus was released there was talk of TeamTNT doing a TC, so I started coming up with some ideas. I'm hoping to find some time to keep working on them, and if I manage to finish any, I'll update this thread.

Yeah if I remember correctly it was Ragnorak or something like that. Nice to see that you've uploaded the MIDIS. I am really looking forward to hearing the unreleased MIDIS, too.