Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
nightmare imp

Best Doom theme ?

I myself love the medievil/gothic levels. It's why I love heretic so much.

I gotta go with hell theme. Unfortunately, the ratio of good all-other-themes-combined levels to good hell-themed levels is pitiful.

I'll go for military/base. Inferno can be really cool, but unless you're a editing god it always turn out to be crap. It's more a limitation of the engine than anything else...

Most Inferno levels take a lot of imagination to picture what the developers really had in mind. But if any map were to look the coolest as a real movie set, it would be any one of the Inferno maps.

Military/Army-themed maps really get my attention. This is probably because of Shareware Doom.
I like Hell- and Medieval-Themed maps too.

Ha. Nobody voted for city theme. Stupid Doom 2 bashers. Although, I didn't vote for it either :(

Well, with ZDoom somebody should be able to make a pretty spiffy city level. Anybody here play perfect dark for N64? Somebody should make a deathmatch map that looks like the Chicago mission, and put a cybie where the patrol robot is.

City maps can definately be cool, but when's the last time you saw a good city map as opposed to a good map of any other style (except hell of course)?

the two best parts of the original games.

...except for E3 and E4.

I didn't really care for E1 much at all. It was cool, but too repetitive, and nothing compared to the other three episodes.

Still beats the hell outta Doom2 though.