Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Miscellaneous 2

For years and years, I never went to a dentist. That would be approximately between the years 9 and 17. Last month I had a checkup and professional cleaning, and today I had two fillings. It turns out I had one lower molar cavity that had been there for about six years, and one upper surface cavity. I'll be going back for two more fillings and a wisdom tooth removal on August 6th. Anyway, I was fortunate enough to put off the drillings long enough to take advantage of a new technology. White composite fillings! http://www.mynewsmile.com/mynewsmile/natural.htm - Take a look at that page. I got the second option.

Speaking of McDonalds, there is one (and perhaps only one) good thing about that place. Their cold dessert treats. They offer a large soft-serve ice cream cone for $1, or a generous-portioned medium size sundae with peanuts for $1.15! Canadian currency, mind you.

Oh, and over the last day or two, I recorded the entire soundtrack of Doom 2 and put it on CD. It sounds wonderful in a car stereo. Thank goodness to 80-minute CD technology, it came out to a total playing time of 79:06.

No matter how often I brush, I always seem to have a cavity each time I go to the doctor's. And every single time I've had one, since I was 9 or so, Ive had those composite fillings. So I dunno wtf you are talking about.

I recorded the DOOM soundtrack with my sc-55 once. I ought to do the same with DOOM2's, but....mah.

AndrewB said:
Oh, and over the last day or two, I recorded the entire soundtrack of Doom 2 and put it on CD. It sounds wonderful in a car stereo. Thank goodness to 80-minute CD technology, it came out to a total playing time of 79:06.

Did you record it as midis? or as MUS files played through the Doom2.exe? IMO they sound better through Doom2.exe.

True for the MM1 soundtrack.

I do not agree on the Doom2 soundtrack. D_THE_DA sounds horrible with Doom's internal syntheisizer.

I have a dental appointment next week. Concidering that I brush amout once every 3 months, I'm looking forward to it with dread.

I lost my faith in McDonalds LONG time ago.

don't have the time/patience/burner to put doom songs on CD.

I have an appointment at the dentist at 3 pm today and I haven't been there for a year and a half... I fear the worse...

I had my annual appointment two weeks ago. My mom makes sure I get in every summer, whather I want to or not. And the sadistic fucker they call my dentist always finds something to drill out of my head. He even had me come back for a second X-ray this time just to find something he could drill on, seriously. I'm getting the tooth filled next Wednesday.

IMHO, the worst parts of the drilling are the sound and the smell. And the feeling of tiny fragments of tooth-shrapnel bouncing around your mouth.

IMJack said:

IMHO, the worst parts of the drilling are the sound and the smell. And the feeling of tiny fragments of tooth-shrapnel bouncing around your mouth.

Sounds like your mom has been taking you to some kind of free dentist school.

AndrewB said:

Sounds like your mom has been taking you to some kind of free dentist school.

Naw. Tho I'm willing to bet Dr. Smart was one of the who graduated at the bottom of his class.

You do know what they call someone who finishes in the bottom 50% of their medical school, right?

No idea.

The guy/girl combination I got were really good at applying the anesthetics, all I felt was a slight pinching feeling for a few seconds while the needle went in. Oh, and in the years I've been to the dentist, I've never experienced any "smell" other than the rubber gloves, and most certainly no tooth fragments were bouncing around.

Heh...anesthesia doesn't work 100% on me. But I have yet to complain.

I just hate that dental polishing toothpaste tey use. It's grainy like sand, tastes awful, and hrts like a bitch.

AndrewB said:

You do know what they call someone who finishes in the bottom 50% of their medical school, right?

No idea.

"Doctor." Think about it.

No, think about it. Fully half the doctors out there graduated in the bottom 50% of their class. Even if a guy finished dead last in his graduating class, he's still trusted to treat your ills or cut you open.

Aw, forget it.

IMJack said:

No, think about it. Fully half the doctors out there graduated in the bottom 50% of their class. Even if a guy finished dead last in his graduating class, he's still trusted to treat your ills or cut you open.

Aw, forget it.

What, why are you explaining it? I got it the first time. That's called a trick question.

AndrewB said:

What, why are you explaining it? I got it the first time. That's called a trick question.

No, it's called logic.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMJack said:

No idea.

"Doctor." Think about it.

Not if the bottom 50% FAILED

fodders said:

Not if the bottom 50% FAILED

Thats what I was thinking.

Dentists, haven't seen one of those in a while...:P

And I burnt those soundtracks as well, showed it off to some people at a party, and they liked it. Weird shit, these people are normally into teeny bopper bullshit...

Anyhows...off to work for me.

fodders said:

quote:

Aaaaargh butt ugly ascii art quote die die die die die

The worst part of getting a filling is, without a doubt, the sound. The taste and smell can be ignored, the feeling of the bone shrapnel varies depending on where the cavity is, but even with the best earplugs available, you can't block out the sound of the drill.

On the upshot, my dental misery is done with for the year, and as soon as I get my eye appointment past me all of my regularly sheduled medical misery will be done for the year (save monthly bloodwork for my good drugz, but that's a special case). And as soon as the fat lip sensation wears off and I can feel my mouth atgain, I'll be able to go about my day.

When I was buying the earplugs at my store the other night, the guy who checked me out, Nate (why do people named Nate tend to be assholes?) asked me why I needed them. I told him, and he asked me "Don't they put you to sleep for that?" Heh. My dentist doesn't do sedation dentistry, and I wouldn't want it if I'm planning to drive myself. Besides, I have a resistance to painkillers and anesthetic; the gas the dentist uses simply doesn't work on me, and the local shot takes longer to kick in fully.

Well, my mouth is getting sore and it feels like the "fat lip" is going down, so I'll be ready to rock soon. It feels good to be done with it. ^_^