Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JavaGuy

ClickHereToFindOut

I didn't want to come back, but alas, here I am. Why? Because this is the only place I know where a group of people may be able to help me. Right now, I'm ridding myself of the beast known as Windows and putting in SuSE Linux. There is, however, the small problem of, "I don't know what the hell I'm doing."

First off, I'd like to install OpenGL. But I don't know how to set anything up. If someone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

JavaGuy said:

...friendly loveable guys here.

Yeah, we're also a barrel full o' fuckin' laughs too. :)

I don't anything whatsoever about Linux, so I can't help you there.

RTFM

BBG, has it occured to you that he may of already done this?

/me burps

Stop that! And say excuse me!

DooMBoy said:

BBG, has it occured to you that he may of already done this?

NO! THE THOUGHT NEVER CROSSED MY MIND. Really, I wish I could help you JavaGuy but I don't know a damn thing about Linux. Sorry.

I've got a controller.
Intel 82810 CGC, nothing special. But it still works for most modern games. I don't know if that'll help, but there it is.

GS-1719 said:

You shouldn't meddle with linux unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Sorry! Thought you said "Linus" :)

GS-1719 said:

Well, I gotta start somewhere. Besides, I don't have anything to lose if my system crashes or I gotta format my hard drive. All my important files are on a memory card.

Never mind, I don't need help anymore. I don't know what's compiling my java programs, but something is compiling them, and that's all that's really important for now.

JavaGuy said:

Well, I gotta start somewhere. Besides, I don't have anything to lose if my system crashes or I gotta format my hard drive. All my important files are on a memory card.

Fair enough, but Linux isn't easy to get the hang of initially.

Heh, you may wanna ask in the questions forum. I positively guarentee you'll get decent responses in there :P

Despite my love of XP, I'm attempting to quietly tip-toe into the muddy waters of the Linux world. I'm not ready to move PHOBOS into a completely new paradigm of computing, one complete with cryptic documentation, half-assed visuals, and more than its share of fat, balding sociopaths who don't want to teach anyone to use their OS yet still want it to be a major player in desktop computing. My main reason is that I still have a full head of hair. That and the fact that I don't have a burner yet.

DC

Why not look up the graphics card name on google.com and see if it has OpenGL capibilities?

While this post is still around, I also need to now this: Is it possible to run an exe program under Linux. Another Linux user said they were able to run >program< under Linux just fine, and yet >program is run with an exe file. I'm not quite sure how it works.

The wine project is about creating a compatibility layer between Linux and DOS/Windows apps, check it out. You may also want to take a look at Transgaming too while you are there.

GS-1719 said:

And how can you know what you're doing without meddling?

Lament said:

And how can you know what you're doing without meddling?

Skill - those which cannot be acquired.