Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

One of my old projects..

You should finish it up man! Finish episode 3 and 4, get rid of the sounds (I did that myself with wintex) and other stuff in the wad that just doesn't fit in doom. I like the new chaingun and it rules that you can view the dead marine sprites from multiple angles as well as the armor.

My imagination died on me after I finished E3M3

I suppose I should have removed the episode 1 and 2 music since they seemed a bit pointless. Episode 3's music fitted perfectly since the music was mostly strings, giving it that errie feeling.

Also I would be happy if Ben Morris made a windows port of DCK 3.62 >_<

I doubt that'd ever happen, what, considering Ben Morris went on to write Worldcraft for Quake, which was then brought up by Valve for Half Life...

Hellbent said:

[begin yelling]THIS DOESN'T RUN IN ZDOOM????????????[/end yelling]

Hellbent, it will run with zdoom, but you have to fix the wad first. My copy of zdoom would not run it as-is, it complained about one error in r_init textures. So, I looked at all of the wad entries with Wintex and saw that there is an unneeded f_end entry. The flats in the wad are preceeded by ff_start and followed by ff_end, and that's fine. Zdoom does not like the extra f_end entry, which is about half way down the wad entries list in Wintex. Just delete that entry and away you go!

I think that the released version of zdoom will not have a problem with this extra f_end marker, I'll message Randy about it.

I got lost in the first level... what the hell am I supposed to do?
I had three keys, and then I wandered around for 20 minutes, and then
got bored and quit the game. :p

Switch in e1m1 doesn't work. It has a tagged line blocking it :/

VolteFace said:

I got lost in the first level... what the hell am I supposed to do?
I had three keys, and then I wandered around for 20 minutes, and then
got bored and quit the game. :p

You gotta find all 3 keys in the maze, go up the lift and that will transport you outside

stphrz said:

Switch in e1m1 doesn't work. It has a tagged line blocking it :/

Yea, kinda fucked up. Feel free to open the WAD up and fix it, or just use cheats to get around it

Shaviro said:

This is a pretty cool wad! Do you still map?

If I can find a decent sector-based map editor for WINDOWS, I may finish. But I need to find my Ultimate Doom CD first :/

RailGunner said:

give these to project freedoom

Whozat? Gimme some contacts and an URL and maybe I'll consider it

Mr. Chris said:

If I can find a decent sector-based map editor for WINDOWS, I may finish. But I need to find my Ultimate Doom CD first

WadAuthor. (and before someone else says it, Deepsea as well, but I recommend WA)

Shaviro said:

This is a pretty cool wad! Do you still map?

Which map? :)

RailGunner said:

see the freedoom forum? go there...

URL?

Ultimate DooMer said:

WadAuthor. (and before someone else says it, Deepsea as well, but I recommend WA)

I second WA.

One that doesn't have any limits on map making..

WA doesn't if you have the registered version.

Hmmm... possibly something misfired while I was playing the map: the
lift didn't work. PRBoom.

I'll try again.

Mr. Chris said:

Here's my only Doom megawad I've made myself. Maps E1M1 to E3M4 were created by me. It's called "Doom Revisited"

http://ftp.gamers.org/pub/games/idgames/levels/doom/Ports/d-f/doomrev.zip

Hey, I remember playing this WAD like a year and a half ago, or so! Hmm...didn't it have a Chris.deh or a Chris.bex file with it? The new chaingun looked like a minigun as well, if I remember. Oh, and not to be flaming you or dissing your WAD, but I personally didn't like the new Imp sound of the Shotgun's reloading sound.

DooMBoy said:

Hey, I remember playing this WAD like a year and a half ago, or so! Hmm...didn't it have a Chris.deh or a Chris.bex file with it? The new chaingun looked like a minigun as well, if I remember. Oh, and not to be flaming you or dissing your WAD, but I personally didn't like the new Imp sound of the Shotgun's reloading sound.

Yes. It has both included in the zip.

Contents:

Chris.wad The main wad.
Chris.bex The bex file.
Chris.bat Use this run run if you like boom.
Dmrev.deh For DM.
Chris.txt Description.

Chris: WinDEU?

Thats about the only half decent FREE windows editor, all the other good ones are for DOS. (DETH/ZETH should work through windows though...)