Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

Plutonia Difficulty.

im so bored of imps, chaingunners, shotgunners and other lame enemies. i prefer the plutonia style difficulty. can i make my levels almost as hard as plutonia, squadron 417, or Hell Revealed?

This is 2 questions.

RailGunner said:
im so bored of imps, chaingunners, shotgunners and other lame enemies. i prefer the plutonia style difficulty.

Well go with it then - we certainly don't require you to make boring levels :-)

can i make my levels almost as hard as plutonia, squadron 417, or Hell Revealed?

I assume most projects have to adjust the difficulty across all the levels once they're all in place to get them consistent. I'd say make UV very challenging, but make sure the other skill levels are much easier, and leave the fine adjustments until we have a completed episode. This is a separate question from what monsters to use, though - you can easily make hard levels with chaingunners, and easy levels with revenants.

cph said:

This is 2 questions.

Well go with it then - we certainly don't require you to make boring levels :-)

I assume most projects have to adjust the difficulty across all the levels once they're all in place to get them consistent. I'd say make UV very challenging, but make sure the other skill levels are much easier, and leave the fine adjustments until we have a completed episode. This is a separate question from what monsters to use, though - you can easily make hard levels with chaingunners, and easy levels with revenants.

dont make all the other skill levels "much easier", that would be bad for ppl like me who are good but not that good and might not quite be able to hack UV

AFAIK, you're only doing map08 for the Freedoom project, right? There's really no sense in making that particular level Hell Revealed hard for two reasons:
1. At that particular level in Doom2, the difficult is moderate. It's not nearly impossible, like map08 of Hell Revealed.
2. Some people might not enjoy having to play a difficult level over and over to get past it.

So, think this over before you go filling every empty space with hordes of Barons and chaingunners.