Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Truth, justice, and the American way

So, just where does America right now in your eyes and are we on a downward spiral, or are we going forward?

It has been in a downward spiral ever since it decided to butt into everyone else's business.

The root cause for it's spiral is primarily greed.

The U.S. has sat its butt down and isn't going anywhere, all claims and criticisms to the side. September 11th was a pretty hard blow, but it wasn't the kick in the balls that'll bring the American Century to its end.

I do think that said kick in the balls will happen in the next ten or so years. I think the world is starting to go down the "cyberpunk" route, with the big corporations superceding the national governments, rather than a "Big Brother" route with the government thought-controlling the plebes. The gummint is already a pawn of the Rich White Men's Club; throw in extraterritory and corp security teams with better guns and training than the Army, and you have the classic cyberpunk novel.

IMJack said:

The U.S. has sat its butt down and isn't going anywhere, all claims and criticisms to the side. September 11th was a pretty hard blow, but it wasn't the kick in the balls that'll bring the American Century to its end.

No amount of terrorism will destroy the USA. But the Bush administration might.

Lament said:

No amount of terrorism will destroy the USA. But the Bush administration might.

Well said.

OSAMA BIN LADEN'S NEW TERRORIST THREAT TO AMERICA

"Fuck terrorism, I'm going to become an accountant!"*

*joke lifted from private eye

America is still the most powerful nation on Earth, but if Bush keeps fucking around with the administration, it might well become the weakest.
Or that's what my dad says.

we where going forward, however we just took a nose dive. look at business, drug use, and teen pregnacy. i say that in 15-35 years our wealfare/social security systems collapse or are removed. there are too many people useing it up and the government is so wasteful of funds( did u know they can LOSE a trillion dollars and not know where the hell it went. they will also lose track of planes and other military hardware) also bush is now giving money to churches as charity, but hell whats to stops those churches from only helping its people or its self. plus business is inflating profits to look good when infact they have been on a downward spiral. plus our country uses %51 of the worlds resourcses yet has a low population. Our economy has strong ties to oil that prevents some technology from being used, also oil is not forvevr it it is running out quick, i give it 70 years tops. things need to be changed yet dont because the political parties only try to defeat each other and rarly get any progress or it any prgress is repealed

I think we're just kind of sitting in the same place we have for the past twenty years. Oh sure, big events have happened, but what's really different? We're building technology at about the same speed, and no one is paying attention to anything around them. Same old America.

The American government is moving forward like a juggernaut pushing the lives of the rest of the world and the concience of it's people into a downward spiral.