Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
VileSlay

ARRRGGHHH!!!

I know everyone has it bad, but I must rant. my woes begin on monday where my girlfriend and I are fighting every five minutes. thats not the big deal, but thats where it starts. tuesday I go to work, selling souveniers at shea stadium (thats for baseballs NY mets if you wanted to know), for what I thought would be a leisurely afternoon game. no, it turned out to be group discount day.

I was working a rather large stand in a section that had four separate summer camp groups consisting of anywhere between twenty to thirty kids ranging in age between seven and twelve years old, BY MY SELF.

so I had all these rugrats asking me twenty billion questions all at the same time, paying me in indivdually crumpled small bills, and causing general mayhem all around me. on top of that it wasan inventory night that was audited by a corprate big-wig.

so day is done after massive hours of mindnubming work. I hop on my train and do my usual transfers only to discover that the train that actually goes to my neighborhood can't move because of a manhole explosion that knocked out power to the signal lights. thoughts of random beatings and stragulation become thoughts of disembowelmemt and impaling.

so I get home and discover that this data storage company that resides on the other side of my backyard is expanding their building. they tear down the chainlink fence that separates their porperty from seven properties (my humble abode included), accidently severing my phone line. yeah, I was pissed.

so now its wednesday, and my phone line gets fixed after many hours of waiting for verizon guy to come back from lunch. as he tests the lines we watch as the construction morons cross in to my neighbors property and rip out two small trees. later my uncles and I are surveying the carnage when ,lo and behold, the lack of fencing permits the free roam two vicsious dogs (one diplaying a wound on its flank). I love dogs, but these are dangeroous animals trained to attack. so I call animal control, who tells me to call the cops, who tells me to call animal control.

after much frustration and run-around, I give up and surrender to the call of guinness stout. so now as thursday (the day of thor) begins, I wonder what delightful strife I will encounter. gleb.....thats my rant. say what you will.

so I had all these rugrats asking me twenty billion questions all at the same time, paying me in indivdually crumpled small bills, and causing general mayhem all around me. on top of that it wasan inventory night that was audited by a corprate big-wig.

Been there. Done that. Have scars and trophies.

Seriously, man, I feel for yah. Nothing sucks worse than an army of little kids with nothing better to do than loiter around the checkouts. With the possible exception of an army of teenagers with nothing better to do.

after much frustration and run-around, I give up and surrender to the call of guinness stout. so now as thursday (the day of thor) begins, I wonder what delightful strife I will encounter.

David King and Flogging Molly couldn't have put it better:

Well I know I miss more than hit
With a face that was launched to sink
And I seldom feel the bright relief
It's been the worst day since yesterday

If there's one thing I have said
Is that the dreams I once had now lay in bed
And this endless crutch, well it's never enough

Falling down to you, sweet ground
Where the flowers, they bloom,
Well it's there I'll be found
Hurry back to me, my wild calling

IMJack said:

David King and Flogging Molly couldn't have put it better:

I like that. I really seriously decided that I'm not having kids after all that crap. and yeah, I've dealt with the teenies before in NYC's grenwich village, where the scum of the earth and the beautiful people meet. you got movie stars living three blocks from a methadone clinic. so between the snobs, the junkies, and the kids who wanna be cool I had a hell of a time. but that was then, and I wish it was still. I'd rather have that job instead of this one. too bad I got fired from it.

VileSlay said:

I love dogs, but these are dangeroous animals trained to attack. so I call animal control, who tells me to call the cops, who tells me to call animal control.

I hate those situations. I mean...What do you say to Animal Control when you phone them back?!

Let's talk about baseball to cheer you up.

So you're a Mets fan, eh?

Oh wait, that's not very cheery :/

its actually not as bad as you think AV. the mets can do some serious catching up if they continue their winning ways. mo vaughn is starting to get his hits in, burnitz has been doing more even mr. automatic-out jay payton is making more contact (too bad he doesn't pay attention when he's on base). so the mets can, at least, hit the wild card spot if they don't fall apart.

A similar catch-22 situation :

Some dirty, dirty bastard leaves a piss-soaked rug outside our flat door.
We ring the housing association. They say 'ring the police'. We ring the police, and they say, 'ring liverpool city council to clean it up'. We ring the council, and they say, 'ring the housing association'.

I threw the stinking rug out in the end.
Dirty, dirty bastards.

VileSlay said:

its actually not as bad as you think AV. the mets can do some serious catching up if they continue their winning ways. mo vaughn is starting to get his hits in, burnitz has been doing more even mr. automatic-out jay payton is making more contact (too bad he doesn't pay attention when he's on base). so the mets can, at least, hit the wild card spot if they don't fall apart.

Heh, KKKKNitz, Whoredonez, LOBbie Alomar, Ho Vaughn, DL'Amico, GIDPayton and the rest of the crew don't stand a chance against the almighty EXPOS.

I carry a knife on me all the time so a dog isn't something I'd worry about. But hell, if I saw a dog on the street I doubt I'd even think it's going to attack or anything. Too many people think when a dog is running at you it's intentions are to attack you. Usually it's better to remain still than to run and hold out the back of your hand, slowly, so the dog doesn't think you're trying to hit it.

What Orion said was right.

If you stand still and don't make any sudden movements most animals will not consider you a thread and won't attack you.

Alarming somebody about the problem might be the right thing to do, however. Especially if there are small children around.