Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Dishing out Punishment

I was thinking members could have a rating. If you are a good member, meaning you post intelligently and relevently, then you remain 0 points. People who are bad (like my last thread correcting Maonth's spelling) would get a point or two or more depending on the severity of the poor use of membership priveledges. Once you accumilate a certain amount of points, you get punished. 5 points = post count reset and 10 points = bannage. Moderators would dish out the points as they saw fit. Once every week you would lose 1 point.

Waldon, you're like a super duper DMer, right?

I'm known as Grotug in chat progs.

Nice to meet you. (I'm the one who baited your "I DM with keyboard" remark on IRC couple weeks ago)

Some people just don't quite... get it. Nevermind.
Ontopic, I don't know why a system that tolerates good posts (not modifying your user account) and punises bad ones is going to encourage people to post high quality stuff.
Why am I posting here anyway? Not my business.

I've seen other forums that have things like that and I personally hate it. Maybe I just don't like being judged by a bunch of little stars under my name, I dont' know, point is I hope the idea doesn't go through. Plus there is already enough damn punishment on these boards as it is. How about a reward once in a while? Can't I get a scooby snack? I want a scooby snack.

I'm not sure I've said anything offensive enough to get a star.

But I really don't think that idea would fly with the members of DoomWorld. Then again, if Ling did make it that way, nobody would leave because they're at home here no matter what ('cept me, 'cause nobody notices me) .

JavaGuy said:

('cept me, 'cause nobody notices me) .

Huh, what?... must have been the wind =P

Bah to this idea. You'd get nothing but "Waa Ling give me 200 stars for posting pictures of scat but Railgunner said something even more retarded and he got none let me back in the forums"

DooMBoy said:

Very true.

Another very deep, and well thought out responce from doomboy.