Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Doomsearch

Fraggle's idgames archive search engine is now accessible through a much more meaningful url, www.DoomSearch.com. To celebrate this new name, the site has been redesigned. Noticeable additions are a logo and an about page.

Excellent! And it works too! ;-) Very fast and versatile! Good idea and initiative there Fraggle!

Thanks, Fraggle a search script is very nice.
I always hated spending enomorous ammounts of times by going through all those directories

I FOUND SUPAR1337.WAD AGAIN! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FRAGGLE, TIME TO GET MY 1337 ON!

correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe that is julian's domain name.

update: for reference, mewse and i posted at the same time :) also, to add to that, julian has owned the domain for like half a year now. he is planning to take over teh world.

but maybe you could add the path to the search results table, so one can instantly see what kind of wad it is

I agree, it would be nice to see that info instead of having to hover your mouse and look in your statusbar.

Excellent little utility.

Would be sweet if it could be expanded to allow searching within text files (i.e., search of all wads by an author). But that may be asking too much.

ReX said:
Would be sweet if it could be expanded to allow searching within text files (i.e., search of all wads by an author). But that may be asking too much.

Yes, that can't be done from the index files provides by the archive. But a google search is almost as good; search for '"Kurt Kesler" inurl:idgames site:gamers.org' for example. It's not 100% I expect but it gets fair results.

fraggle/Julian could provide a form that builds that google query though.

Aardappel said:

but maybe you could add the path to the search results table, so one can instantly see what kind of wad it is

It is done!

ReX said:

Excellent little utility.

Its something I'm planning, but it will probably be fairly complicated..

Sign in to follow this