Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Big Robb

Answer me this.... I bet none of you know the answer...

well these days with how COOL it would prolly be....im guessing it stands for the "Playstation EXTREME!!!!!!!!" WHOA that stokes me man!!!! is EXTREME!!!!

BTW i was being sarcastic

You have to go back to pre-launch days in which it was a working abbreviation used by Sony themselves afaik.

Yep, It was called the Play Station X when it was in development, and the abbreviation stuck even though they dropped the "X" well before its release.

When the Playstation was first in development, they used the abbreviation/codeword PSX that represented Play Station Xperimental.
I read this in Electronics Gaming Monthly a while ago...

As well as X11, X Windows, XFree86 or Linux, but not X as in XXX.

Lament said:

X stands for "Piece of Crap", just like in Windows XP.

Uh, no.

SILANCE!! I will not have psx bashing!! anywho, I happen to know PSX stands for Play Station neXt as it next generation. the name is defunked now though. oh well.

I still havent played GTA3. So far anything I've played on PS2 has been dissapointing.

GTA 3 is good...but I have it on computer, no reason to pay $200 dollars for a PS2 so I can play one game

Lament said:

X stands for "Piece of Crap", just like in Windows XP.

LMAO

Jello said:

GTA 3 is good...but I have it on computer, no reason to pay $200 dollars for a PS2 so I can play one game

Exactly. Sadly, I have to pay about $200 for a video card that runs it smoothly. But oh well, its fine how it is now, especialy with the speed cheat.

mmnpsrsoskl said:

I agree with you on that.

mmnpsrsoskl is right.

the_Danarchist said:

I concour.

I think you mean concur.....anyway, PSX stands for PlayStation Xperimental according to a Sony rep in my copy of EGM *waves copy*