Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wobbo

Classical music massively underrated!

Yes thats right! The only remaining hiphop fan here is announcing the best kept secret in our Brainless Pop Music culture - classical music is awesome

Get the 10 cd set commemorating john williams, i PROMISE youll like it

I don't mind listening to some classical music every now and then...

I like classical, I just never listen to it for some reason. Probably because it would be weird mixed in with the rest of my mp3s.

GS-1719 said:

I like classical - as long as it's none of that high pitched opera crap.

Word.

As the best hip-hop usually samples classical, I'm not surprised you said that. And word up, try some Samuel Barber, Mussorgsky and Wagner.

Leonard Bronstein is different but worth it as well.

Yeah, classical is music is stuff from several hundred years ago, not the stuff from Free Willy and Twister.

Yes, that's right, classical music rocks.
However, this is still a taboo-subject for a lot of people. A lot of people are afraid to admit that it's great music, that's a shame. I love the scores for Aliens versus Predator (part I) and outcast. Try 'em out, they are fantastic.

By the way, I know that the given examples are 'scores', but I like classical music too. It's somewhat similar sometimes..

PS: It's kind of a cliché when it comes to classical music, but I'm in love with Tchaikovsky's Swan lake. Go download it on KaZaA..

Classical:
a : of or relating to music of the late 18th and early 19th centuries characterized by an emphasis on balance, clarity, and moderation

b : of, relating to, or being music in the educated European tradition that includes such forms as art song, chamber music, opera, and symphony as distinguished from folk or popular music or jazz

Xian said:

Yes thats right! The only remaining hiphop fan here is announcing the best kept secret in our Brainless Pop Music culture - classical music is awesome

wow, seriously?!!

Get the 10 cd set commemorating john williams, i PROMISE youll like it

Heh. There's better music out there. Lots of it, too.

fodders said:

b : of, relating to, or being music in the educated European tradition that includes such forms as art song, chamber music, opera, and symphony as distinguished from folk or popular music or jazz

Heh...no mention of rock. Exactly how old is that book?

I think both popular music and jazz (since rock probably came from jazz) are both closely enough related. In fact, most people today look at pop music as rock music, but I guess it depends on your definition of rock.

the_Danarchist said:

Heh...no mention of rock. Exactly how old is that book?

I think music in the educated European tradition means no fucking rock :P

Even though I love classical music I think it sounds horrible in midi versions. Thus I hate Doom levels using classical scores for music.

Little Faith said:

Even though I love classical music I think it sounds horrible in midi versions. Thus I hate Doom levels using classical scores for music.

That's because MIDI sucks.

My favourite classical suite has to be The Planets by Gustav Holst. It's been my favourite since I was quite young and it just conjures up all sorts of imagery in my head. It really helps when I'm trying to be creative :)

LordTrasher said:

*downloads William Tell Overture*

I will never forget that piece, had to learn to type in time to it at school.