Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pinhead

Hi/question

First post. Question: How do you beat the last level of TNT? I can't find a way to get the rockets into the hole.

I can't find a way to get the rockets into the hole.

Oh there's just so many possibilities here!

Do you shoot from the stairs?

do you shoot from the stairs?
do you blast thru the air?
or do you shit it outta your rear like barry the butt banging bear?

MAC's reply.

A
|
|

My candidate for POST OF THE MONTH. Seems like you people forgot of those.

I think I'm gonna send Mac some money for that one! =)

Well, neither have I. I only played the PSX version, but shall I take a guess and quote the name of the map?

No wait a minute. That's Plutonia isn't it? Nevermind.

Hm... he's right, I didn't see a way... I thought you just stood on the top platform after raising the stairs and then shot from there, but that's a few pixels too low. I really don't know.

I actually make GOOD POSTS when I got a stinking hangover...go figure :P

E D I T : BTW, STEHPERZ, gimme $39.99 x135445

There is no mouselook in the original game. And so it should work fine without it.

OK, I'm finally _answering_ this question.

In TNT Evilution, Level 30, extracted from the "official" secrets list for Final DOOM, from TeamTNT's site:

---
A switch to the north of the boss shooter creates a stairway leading to the top platform. To shoot the brain, stand on the first step down from that top platform.
---

I tried it once and it worked for me.

And if anyone ever asks about "The Plutonia Experiment":

---
You will see the Big Giant Head on the wall in front of you. Directly in front of you will be two switches and a platform. Go to the right switch first, which makes the platform too high. The left switch lowers the platform for you to get on it and ride it up. The object, like in DOOM2 MAP30, is to shoot rockets into the Big Giant Brain Hole. You must raise the platform first or it will be too short to shoot from. Like in DOOM2 MAP30 (again) you will need to fire your rockets just as you clear the wall, before you get all the way to the top.
---

---
A switch to the north of the boss shooter creates a stairway leading to the top platform. To shoot the brain, stand on the first step down from that top platform.
---

Oh, I see how they did that now... that's weird, the entire section BELOW the hole in the head is a big empty space, and Romero's head is actually in a room even further back where your shots would be aimed upward with auto-aim.

---
---

Oh, I see how they did that now... that's weird, the entire section BELOW the hole in the head is a big empty space, and Romero's head is actually in a room even further back where your shots would be aimed upward with auto-aim.

I hated TNT map30. I kept wondering how to get higher up to reach the brain without realizing I had to go lower.

It's really annoying because most of the time there are monsters below and you end up shooting those monsters instead of the brain.

It's really annoying because most of the time there are monsters below and you end up shooting those monsters instead of the brain.

....Which is why you get a BFG at the beginning of the level.

I could prolly beat TNT map30 from scratch, but I'm busy ruling this forum for right now.

The only thing that's annoying is that damn pillar maze at the beginning. You should be able to follow a path of certain-color torches or something. It shouldn't just be totally random like that.

The only thing that's annoying is that damn pillar maze at the beginning. You should be able to follow a path of certain-color torches or something. It shouldn't just be totally random like that.

It's not random. You follow the order that the colored torches are in at the beginning hallway.