Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Bodily Injuries

So, what were the worst injuries you/someone you love, or hate have inflicted upon you?

Ankle broken in three places when I twisted my foot playing rugby. I fell on the ball and it wedged it to the ground while it twisted. It pulled the bone apart, heh.

Best thing of all was my school nurse said I had sprained it and i went home and walked around on it. When i went to hospital the next day they were like OMFG and I was in traction for a week. It's ok now, still creaks a bit from time to time.

Ooh! let's see.

a)Birth trauma! Born with umbilical cord wrapped round my throat, therefore not breathing. Big one that. Explains a lot, too.

b)18 months old, and i went climbing up shelves in the living room. I fell and cracked my face on every shelf on the way down. Split the bottom eyelid open, and now i'm blessed with a lovely scar (not to mention opthalmic problems).

c)5 years old, i fell from a bike into a rose bush, and tore my thighs to shreds. Lots and lots of blood.

d)12 years old i accidently put my arm thru the glass in the back door window. Glass was embedded 3 inches into my arm. Ow.

e)15 Years old. Shot in the hand while walking home from school. Nice.

They're the most major ones, anyway.

Hmm...

5)nail goes through my foot
7)got a rock thrown at me, cracked my skull open
10)fell out of a truck going 20 mph
13)got hit by a truck going like 10 or so mph
14) punched a window, cut my arm to hell
14) broke both of my arms
15)broke many random bones, such as toes and fingers >_<

I've never had any major injuries, although when I was very young, around three or four or so, I fell from a relatively big height twice.

One time was from the top of a 1st story flight of outside stairs, which my Dad was repairing at the time (and therefore the steps were missing), into a bush.

The other time was when I fell from a suspended wooden ship type thing in a kid's adventure playground somewhere on the Isle of Wight, fortunately onto that wood chips stuff rather than concrete.

Heh, for someone who plays as many sports and stuff as I do, and plays them hard, I've never broken a bone or required stitches. The only time I've even ever been to the emergency room is when I was four, my cousin accidentally hit me above the eye with a baseball bat cause I was standing too close to him when he swung.

lets see,

birth) dropped by nurse

1 yo) strapped in stroller at top of stairs and went rolling down. my first tooth went through my lower lip. have scar.

5 yo) running around I tripped over my moms foot, fell on the elevator to my sisters barbie townhouse and got a heart-shaped cut on my eyebrow. got three stitches on the top of the heart. scar is not heart-shaped.

13-15 yo) various cuts, scrapes, bruises, sprains and strains from skateboarding.

17-18 yo) various bruises, wrenched shoulder, broken rib, boot to face from mosh pit days.

24 yo) six stitch cut on my left index finger from a knife drawn in a fight. felt like I was in a cheesy action movie.

I believe I'm the champion so far..

2) Broken right collar bone, falling out of a hotel bed.

6) Broken left collar bone, falling backward as someone shot a puck at me on the ice outside our house.

8) Last time I ever vomited. Had the 24-hour flu. My room was being painted the day before and I had chicken wings as part of supper the night before. I couldn't stand the smell of paint or the thought of chicken wings for a couple of years after.

I can't think of anything else.

Never broken a single bone, but I've had numerous cuts, bruises and stitches a few times.

Let's see. I've had many fine diseases and injuries since I was born.

Birth) Premie 6 weeks

18 Months) Sliced my foot on a shard of porcelin. The upside is that I learned to walk because it hurt to damn much to crawl

2) Pneumonia

6) Leptosphirosis (I don't know how it's spelled) Boiling it down, my kidneys shut down and wouldn't work.

8) Nasty gash beneath my tongue. Bled like mad, needed stitches. And I DO have a scar.

One gigantic stitch across the forehead where they took the brain out.

Actually I never broke anything, and never had any other major injuries; that might change if Dan comes to Vancouver and kicks my ass.

Well, uh, I slipped on some sand at school and almost hit my eye off the corner of a table. I still have the scar.

spike said:

e)15 Years old. Shot in the hand while walking home from school. Nice.

shot with what?

anyway,
1. ripped my thumb open on a fence while climbing the backstop in little-league. have a nice scar from that.
2. fell off a pretty big piece of playground equipment and broke my ankle.
3. a really fat kid fell on my hand while playing hockey and a few nerves popped out of my pinky. the doctor had to cut them off cuz they were just hanging out. left a nice little blood splat on the ice and left my pinky slightly deformed.

that's the top three injuries sustained by gatewatcher. i have been pretty lucky compaired to some of you, heh.

No broken bones, no stitches. I do have a number of scars from stupid, piddly little injuries; I scar very easily.

One scar on my forehead where I slipped and my head hit the rim of a urinal when I was little (lots of blood from that one).

One on my knee, stupid little story behind that one. I was in eigth grade, and we had a carpool. The carpool mom told me she wanted me to shovel my driveway before she picked us up that morning. Snow shovels were in the garage, and I wanted to hit the garage closer, grab a shovel, and run out before the garage door shut. Now for some stupid reason, my parents keep these thin metal slats piled up on the side of the garage, and when I ran, I tripped over one and sliced my leg open. Wasn't too bad, tho. I was able to getover the panic and get myself relatively cleaned up before the carpool showed up.

A recent scar on my left arm, just inside of my elbow; I was in a hurry to get somewhere and hit a wall-mounted thermostat. That probably wouldn't have scarred if I had treated it before going out with my friends, but oh well.

I once lost my balance while climbing a ladder and fell a story, landed on my ass on a hard wooden floor. Hurt like hell.

My hand was run over with a shopping cart when I was a kid. I used to like sitting on the lower rack beneath the cart, you know? hen I was small enough to fit under there. One time I saw something I wanted and tried to stop the cart by putting my hands on the floor. Big hurting. Had to live without fingernails for a few weeks.

Had a hole bit nearly clean through my hand a few years ago. I deserved it, though. My dog does not like going to the vet. I remember pinning the bleeding hand between my pants and my good hand and telling my mom in no uncertain terms to get the hell on the road; she wanted to see what was wrong and maybe for me to come sit up front. I ruined a very good pair of jeans that way. (I did some volunteer work later that day; lots of lifting of pet cages and shit, and I'm surprised the hand didn't get infected.)

All my scars are psychological.

Well, not quite. I got mauled by a dog when I was about 7 and had a habit of regularly mutilating myself by accident with my collection of knives and modeling utensils.

My knuckles are scarred to hell but other than that I seem to avoid serious injury.

Heh, now for my injuries:
When I was 7 or 8, can't remember, I was playing with my cousin's dog, and I guess I was playing too hard; anyway, he took a chunk out of my right cheek (on my face, perverts!).
Was 9 or so, learning to ride a bike for the first time, fell off. The bike somehow managed to go another 4 or 5 feet. Got my hands scraped up and my ass beat for not tying my shoes.
When I was twelve, I had my appendix taken out.
When I was born, I was two months premie.
Anyway, another time, I was going down the stairs off my porch. It had snowed the night before, and I was going to the car to get something for my mom, slipped on the first step, flew up in the air a foot or two, landed on my prat on the very edge of the last and lowest stair, cut my ass open. Ow.
Just wonderful.

Lemme see.

Daycare - Hit by a car (I was high enough so the bumper could hit my head) I was in the hospital for many days with tubes in my head trying to drain the blood off my brain. Got the ring around my skull to Prove it.

At one point somebody threw a skateboard and nailed me in the head with it. Got a nice scar on my chin and a chipped tooth from that.

I've also been hit by cars twice more at some points of my life.

Sliding down an ice hill on an inner tube only to take a tree to the face. BLood!

Had a Frozen Full Pop can thrown at the back of my head at less than 10 feet in grade 12..

wow i got tons cause me and my friends are idiots ;)

15 Skateboarding , ollie off a balcony over a couch .. landed on couch broke heel
10 Fell into a briar bush learning how to ride a bike .. bloody
13 two knife wounds from a reverse racist thing against white people two nice scars
15 BB gun tag 'nuff said
14 got hit by a car while trying to skateboard across the street
05 tryed to climb dresser that fell ontop of me
16 hit in the head w/ a louieville (we were blindfolded and swinging baseball bats for fun cause we were bored)
13 fell out of tree broke heel
16 jumped off of building w/ skateboard messed up heel
13ish hit in the head w/ a piece of shrapnel from homemade napalm nice little scar on forehead
10 broke all toes on right foot w/ a 2 ton jack
10-present (all the yrs ive skateboarded) MANY cuts scrapes bruises fractures ect.

Skatepunk60 said:

wow i got tons cause me and my friends are idiots ;) --insert all injuries--

heh, that sounds like a Jackass/CKY video to me =)

Never had a broken bone in my life. Well...almost. There was one time one of my brothers wasn't watching what he was doing and slammed one of my fingers in a car door.

Damn, you people have had a lot of freaking head injuries, I'm not really surprised though =P. As for me, nothing serious, I used to get into a lot of fights and had my lips busted and minor nosebleeds a couple times.

I broke my arm pretty decently once back in the 3rd grade. I was walking the home from school, the roads were covered with snow, but what I didn't know was that there was ice under that snow. So I slipped, fell, no biggy. I then started to get up, I put my left arm back so I could get up then my book bag swung off of my right shoulder and smacked my arm. One of the bones was completely broken through while the other 75% broken. Kinda wierd way to break a bone.

Ahh yes, there's also this big discoloured spot on my foot that was there since I don't know how long. My mom alweys keeps telling me that if I get a cut on it I might bleed to death or some shit, and I she keeps making up different stories to why I really have it. So I don't know.

I've never gotten any serious injuries like a lot of you guys, but i'll list off a few owwies:

Grade 2: During the time we'd sit on the floor and have a story read to us, one of my friends who's big (but not fat...really burly) walked on my finger while i was sitting down. I know this doesn't sound like much, but did it ever hurt like hell. This lumbering yeti must've weighed, like, 130 back then. It was nuts. My nail died off and middle finger on my right hand is now happily deformed! The nail's about half the height of the my index finger's nail.

13 Y/O: While i was changing in a hotel bathroom i stepped on the pointy rod of my belt buckle. I don't know if you can appreciate how this really felt; it went in and diagonally up my foot. Yeargh! I have a neat little scar on the sole of my right foot that looks like a big freckle or mole.

2 Years Ago: On a skiing trip with a few buddies I did a quad-roll down the hill, disconnecting my right shoulder. It has a quasi-painful click every once in a while when i put my arm in an awkward, reaching-back position. On the up side I can manually unhinge it (I've never pushed it out entirely, because i think that'd be retarded and break lots of tissue in a painful crunchfest.)

~6 Y/O: Our fucking psychotic rabbit lunged out and bit my hand when i was trying to feed it an almond. I swear to god that if the same thing had happened today, I'd kill the little bastard. It left two little scar lines between my thumb and index finger on top of my right hand. (Those things have teeth!)

Sometime in the past year?: I don't know how or why, but i can unhinge my lower jaw with a loud crack and pop it back in. Great party trick, but it starts to get a little sore after ~10 snaps. One theory of it's origin is a drunken, self-inflicted punch

...And i almost forgot: I had the umbilical cord around my throat when I was born too! I don't think it did anything major though, I'm probably still one of the most inventive people I know, but sometimes lose my grasp during something complicated and multi-staged. (Such as remembering exactly how to do an algebra equation.) that's probably pretty normal for someone as right-brained as me, however

TheHighestTree said:

13 Y/O: While i was changing in a hotel bathroom i stepped on the pointy rod of my belt buckle. I don't know if you can appreciate how this really felt; it went in and diagonally up my foot. Yeargh! I have a neat little scar on the sole of my right foot that looks like a big freckle or mole.

Been there, done that. I'd actually forgotten about that. No scar, tho.

Age 12...or maybe 11? Ran into a wall at an amazingly fast speed (I was *just* starting to run, so I smashed against that door frame with all my friggin impulse). Hit directly 3 cm over my right eye, right in the eyebrow. That whole part of my face turned purple with dots of yellow and after a couple of days it was so swollen that it hid my eye for a whole week. So I kinda looked like this guy, or at least half of it.

I still have a little patch of uncovered skin in the centre of that eyebrow.

wow..this is a fun thread...hearing about evryones misery and what not..

here i go

14mo) climbed to the top of my crib and fell out head 1st...permenant neck dmg...i cant move my neck more than 60 degrees in any direction.

4 yrs) electricuted myself on the toaster....hand was burnt but u can barely notice it now

8yrs) jumped in a swimming pool backwards and smashed my chin off the side which caused me to bite my tongue and cut a part of it (ne one ever get stiches in their tongue or this a record?) and gave me a nice scar on my chin

9yrs) tried to run and jump over a woodstove which cut my leg up quite nicely

11yrs) fell off my bike over the handle-bars face 1st into a sewer grate which broke my jaw and blood vessels in my eye (my one eye is now permanently bloodshot)

14yrs) ran into a car on my bike and went over the hood of it (no real injuries..it was just damn funny)

15yrs) broken ankle jumping over a bon-fire while intoxicated it now makes a grinding noisenow when i roll it...its pretty cool

15yrs) broken hand in a fight along with my nose....i still won tho goddamnit

16yrs) lipped off to a 22 year old outside a bar while intoxicated and was head-butted in the nose (breaking it again and deforming it) b4 fighting him and getting beat (it was a moral victory)

17yrs) got jumped by the bouncers in a bar after breaking all of the fingers on of their hands after he tried "drag me out and toss me on my head"...the fight left me with a dislocated knuckle and a cracked rib.

Snowboarding injuries:
-head run over in the boarder-cross..(face was a nice mess afterwards)
-came off a cliff and was hunched over in landing leaving my head wide open to a pine tree that took full advantage of the situation and chose to knock me unconscience and give me a slight concussion
-landed on my head while i was learning to do inverts re-injuring my neck and making me have to wear a neckbrace for most of grade 6 Y_Y

and thats all for me...now u can all have a good laugh @ my misfortunes..

year 1) bashed my head on a wooden edge of a couch, didnt have to go the hospital, thick headed, left a scar

year 2) stuck my finger into a electrical outlet, twice

year 4) got knocked off the top bunk of a bunk bed by my sister, evil bitch

year 4) fell face first off my bike into the drive way

year 7) tripped and fell onto a rock that went into my knee about half an inch, got up and walked home

year 13) going fast down hill on my bike, ran over some gravel and was slung across the street and landed head first into the curb, no helmet. i was more worried about my bike anyways

year 14) playing american football and some 230+ pound guy fell on my head, was wearing a helmet. later lied to the medical guy to get back in and recovered a fumble which led to a touchdown.

year 16, 08-08-02: got hit in the side by a car that ran a red light and was speeding. the speeders car was demolished and my car had a 18 inch dent in it and it still runs fine. new earphones were busted, more worried about those than my ownself.

today: taking the time to think about what happened in my life, it hurts

Well,I cannot remember how old I was, maybe 3 or 4, when one of my little fingers got cought by a foldable garden chair. I just can remember that my sisters friend drove me to hospital *highspeed* and the finger got a brown colour on the way.That was painful. Well, the finger healed, it is fine, fully movable and looks like the other.Well, thankfully I donĀ“t have more to say here :)

Some psychoanalyst is gonna have a field day in here linking head injuries to future Doom players.