Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chodesmear

what do you want to see in DooM III?

A flamethrower
A railgun
Wall Walking demons (avp)
A good Mix of claustrophobic bases, and huge terrains
A hand full of NPC's that help you (Like barny from half-life)
Logs and things to help move the story along (ss2 and avp2)
Creepy as hell music
The ability to search corpses, lockers, ect (ss2)
A decent shotgun
At lest one fun original weapon
Gun turrets that you can setup (aliens the movie)
Hacking devices (Avp)
Scripted sequences (used sparingly)

niguel said:

DUAL MINIGUNS!!

hehe. That would be pretty stupid. I imagine it would be very hard to walk with those.

No, it would be KEWL, imagine how those zombie fellas falls in piles when u pull triggers! In the story of Memento Mori was this Dario Casali who was heavyweapons expert and had dual gattling guns that were placed and armed on his shoulders. So, those things shouldn't be too big to carry.

niguel said:

DUAL MINIGUNS!!

You obviously didn't see the leaked gameplay movie - the Doom 3 chaingun is waaay too big. It's impossible to handle two of 'em at the same time.

niguel said:

but what about a mad doctor who made a prototype of a two-in-one chaingun?

That would be plain dumb - kinda reminds me of the classic "Trible-barreled shotgun idea"

Triple barrelled shotgun? This is getting into Daikatana territory. Don't go there. Ever.

I just hope the weapons aren't unanimated poop sticks like in the whole quake series. Face it, the rocket launcher in quake3 is the worst ever, along side the double-barrel in quake1.

Use3D said:

I just hope the weapons aren't unanimated poop sticks like in the whole quake series. Face it, the rocket launcher in quake3 is the worst ever, along side the double-barrel in quake1.

The Double-Barreled Shotgun in Quake1 was my fave weapon.

I want the Double-barreled shotgun back in DOOM3 or i'll don't play DOOM III

I want the Double-barreled shotgun back in DOOM3 or i'll don't play DOOM III

If it's not there, then that's your loss I guess.

Use3D said:

They're animated all right - they were in the E3 presentation don't worry.

And with the db shotgun, it's the same thing as with the cacodemon: I'm 100% sure it'll be there - the caco is too much a part of Doom to be left out and the db shotty is too popular/legendary a weapon to be left out.
It'll be there.

Use3D said:

Face it, the rocket launcher in quake3 is the worst ever, along side the double-barrel in quake1.

The Q3 Rocket Launcher is one of the coolest RLs ever! It feels, sounds and looks just right in the Arenas (it´s kind of a RL Sport version especially designed for deathmatch combat, not for warfare) -it would however look totaly out of place in a game like Doom3.

I want to hear the screaming sounds of other marines calling their mother.. that would give me chilles.. Just like the first level of unreal.. where you start in your cell.. and you hear someone scream all the time..

niguel said:

but what about a mad doctor who made a prototype of a two-in-one chaingun?

there would be absolutely no need for more firepower than one chaingun.

The Generations Arena mod for Quake 3 has dual gatling guns as part of the Earth Warriors class. It feel pretty bad-assed.

People with a big fat broadband connection should download the mod - it's got every weapon from every id game since Doom. It's pretty fun to have three guys shooting 3 different BFG's at each other...

GS-1719 said:

The Q3 rocket launcher does look good and does suit Quake 3.

The Q3A rl is probably the lousiest looking id rocket launcher EVER (alongside Q1's but that was only because it looked like it was made of wood). It's just a goddamn mega-sized barrel stuck into a red gun, and the sound was only so-so - Q1 had the best sounding rl ever.

i dont think the gore in SOF was too realistic

pluss i think that nudity would realy kill the adrenalin rush
if im runnin down a corodor being followed by a spinney i DONT want to see cyber hooters as i round a bend

niguel said that he wanted duel Miniguns not Chainguns there is a huge differance mainly in SIZE so i doint know why you were arguing, and id rateher have that than a shotgun anyday

Remember that openingscene from Saving Privat Ryan?
I want to see badly wounded marines like that scattered all over the place in the first level, screaming for their mommies with their intestines hanging out in a big pile of blood, just to leave a heavy impression.. I'm serious.

chodesmear said:

niguel said that he wanted duel Miniguns not Chainguns there is a huge differance mainly in SIZE so i doint know why you were arguing, and id rateher have that than a shotgun anyday

In id's games the chaingun=minigun.
The chaingun is always a six-barrel-in-a-round-drum-that-spins gun that has an incredible rate of fire. I dunno what you're talking about, but the D3 chaingun is HUGE (maybe you think it's called the minigun?).

I want to see badly wounded marines like that scattered all over the place in the first level, screaming for their mommies with their intestines hanging out in a big pile of blood, just to leave a heavy impression.. I'm serious.

I'd rather reserve that one for Quake IV. Suits a war-like atmosphere much better.

Disorder said:

I don't wanna get traumas by playing DOOM III :)

dsm said:

In id's games the chaingun=minigun.
The chaingun is always a six-barrel-in-a-round-drum-that-spins gun that has an incredible rate of fire. I dunno what you're talking about, but the D3 chaingun is HUGE (maybe you think it's called the minigun?).

ok the chaingun IS huge
but the MINIgun is alot smaller
if something is huge why would we want to call it mini?

chodesmear said:

ok the chaingun IS huge
but the MINIgun is alot smaller

no it's not. Didn't you see 'Predator'? =)

Yeah, Jesse Ventura looks like he was built to carry one :)

Some form of pipebomb would be nice, as would the aforementioned flamethrower... torching demons, then running away from their bloodthirsty flaming forms as they chase you down dark halls.

I've gotta stop playing AVP.

The mini-gun has to have the stupidest name ever...especially conisdering a real mini-gun is anything BUT mini. It'd be hard enough to carry one.....but TWO.....no way. No way at all.