Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom 3 Info From Quakecon

Vile said:

SS2 was quite the experience, especially near the end. I can't wait to see the Third Encounter. :)

I think he meant System Shock, dude.

Arioch said:

I think he meant System Shock, dude.

Indeed. I wouldn't even get near Serious Sam.

Nightmare : maybe you're right about MoH, but I did finish JK2 over the course of a weekend.

I really hope they keep the railgun out, apart from being a quake weapon it kills DM. It's a bit lazy not to offer audio acceleration, but like AI it comes low down Carmacks priority list (although you could argue it'd consistant with DOOM).

Railgun in doom? Well I rank quake2 up as my 2nd favorite fps so it doesnt bother me.

mmm... I think that it will be something like Heretic II... Damn

I hope to see at least a Caco, a Cyber a big spider and a cool final boss.

I don't care so much about the railgun, but, I hope that the game has 30 maps or so, with some of them taking place in hell and in ruined cities of Earth.

Please note that while there is no hardware accelerated mode planned for Doom III, the game runs in full 5.1 Dolby Surround and calculates reverb values on the fly. The audio richness will outperform pretty much every game released so far, altough it will eat quite more CPU than usual.

Zaldron said:

Indeed. I wouldn't even get near Serious Sam.

Nightmare : maybe you're right about MoH, but I did finish JK2 over the course of a weekend.

I assumed Serious Sam since I've never played System Shock 2, so my error, but it's still a fun series, IMO.

Zaldron said:

Nightmare : maybe you're right about MoH

The first time you play through it, it pretty much takes you an entire weekend just to figure out the correct strategy to survive the beach level ;)

ya i just started playing serious sam2 co-op and it's a blast. the graphics are exceptional in that game.

im not trying to make enemies or anything, but i find a railgun to be more believable than a plasma rifle or a bfg. and if you dont like the railgun, dont use it

I wouldn't overrate Serious Sam's graphics, but played in split screen co-op with a friend, it is simply superb.

Serious Sams Graphic IS exceptional. The way the 3d engine alows you to see for miles and miles. It's a very impressive scenario.

RailGunner said:

YES!

Shut up.

EDIT: ROMERO LEFT ID!!!???

Welcome to 1997.

I just had a fucking dream he was my neighbor.

If I were Romero, I would invest in fences. BIG ONES. And shotguns too.

Captain Skippy said:

im not trying to make enemies or anything, but i find a railgun to be more believable than a plasma rifle or a bfg. and if you dont like the railgun, dont use it

You can't just say "If you don't like it don't use it" because chances are, it will be a part of the weapon/ammo balance in the game, and you will have to use it at some point.

That "if you don't like it, don't use it" argument reminds of an old Simpsons episode...

Homer - Hey, what gives? I thought you had a satellite dish.
Ned - Sure doodily-do. Over 230 channels locked out!

Yeah, that's pretty much how it was in one of those Doom III Carmack interviews at E3.

Interviewer: One of the things that made Doom II such an amazing game was it's intense, and unbelieveably fun multiplayer. Will Doom III have anything like this?

Carmack: No.

Interviewer: Alright... well one of the things that made Doom I so much of a success was being able to mow down monster after monster in single player. Will Doom III have anything like this?

Carmack: No.

... bleh, sounds like Doom III will be more of a tech demo than a fucking GAME :(