Find results in...

Is Elvis..  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is Elvis..

• God.
    • A demigod.
    • A saint.
    • A dead coke addict.

I just heard a lot of radio coverage of that weird yearly show of piety celebrating a dead rock star and I thought that I might post a poll:

His music annoys me, his films are fucking awful, and i simply can't understand why he's still worshipped even now by millions upon millions of uneducated rednecks holding candles at 2am.

As I think only fodders was around to actually witness the guy perform it's a little unfair to comment, but I think he was a decent enough performer. Yes the worshipping is a little overblown though, but heh, that's people's choice so so be it.

fraggle said:

Like him or not, he paved the way for modern music.

Considering Buddy Holly was doing the same kind of stuff several years earlier, I don't think so :)

Besides, the Beatles had a MUCH bigger impact on music anyway.

Elvis was the Half-Life of music artists. Worshipped by willions of below-average-intelligence ga er music fans.

Spike said:

His music annoys me, his films are fucking awful, and i simply can't understand why he's still worshipped even now by millions upon millions of uneducated rednecks holding candles at 2am.

i don't have a problem with elvis but this, my friends, is both hilarious and true.

pritch said:

As I think only fodders was around to actually witness the guy perform it's a little unfair to comment, but I think he was a decent enough performer. Yes the worshipping is a little overblown though, but heh, that's people's choice so so be it.

Yeh and her indoors is his greatest fan. Bought her his full works in 1972 ish, now ordered complete works for her 50th b/d in Oct (shhshhsh)
I always take comfort in knowledge he died taking a dump.

Fredrik said:

that's not modern music, that's fag music ;)

I like elvis though, i thought mose of his song were pretty funny, he sang and wrote some of them when he was drunk ;P

AndrewB said:
Elvis was the Half-Life of music artists. Worshipped by willions of below-average-intelligence gamer\music fans.

DIE A THOUSAND TIMES.
(this is from a half life fan)

but to stick to the topic at hand, I think I like one of his songs. (can't remember it's name) but I'm really not a fan. I don't hate him.

There's was a pulp fiction quote that has some relevance here:

"You either an Evils man or a Beatles man, You can like both, but you always like one over the other."

I am most definitely a Beatles man.

Fredrik said:

No, Quake 2.

That's a LOT of orange.

Anyway, the true gods of modern music are Kraftwerk. They started it all. Most of the music (at least worth listening to) is only around because of their experiments with electronic sound.

Ct_red_pants said:

DIE A THOUSAND TIMES.
(this is from a half life fan)

but to stick to the topic at hand, I think I like one of his songs. (can't remember it's name) but I'm really not a fan. I don't hate him.

There's was a pulp fiction quote that has some relevance here:

"You either an Evils man or a Beatles man, You can like both, but you always like one over the other."

I am most definitely a Beatles man.

That quote is croopap. I like both 4/10.

elvis had a couple of good songs, but he was a racist asshole who tried to steal music from black people that couldn't get record deals. other than that he's just worm food to me.

BTW, on a cross country trek with my girl, I was forced to enter graceland. elvis had a room (the jungle room IIRC) that was all deep pile shag carpet. and when I say all, I mean floor,wall, and ceiling. that takes some serious drugs to think of, execute and live in something like that.

That's a LOT of orange.

No. The orange only pops up in hardware mode. Quake 2's palette is mostly brown and green... Doom's is far more orange than Quake 2's.

I don't have any reason to hate Elvis besides that my dad is a fan and watches his biography and concert videos every other day, keeping me from playing on the GameCube.

AndrewB said:

Elvis was the Half-Life of music artists. Worshipped by willions of below-average-intelligence ga er music fans.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If nearly everybody likes something and you don't, then there's something wrong with YOU, not the thing you don't like.

Beatles was so much better than Elvis. Or any pop artists today. Lennon/McCartney is one of the best song writing duos ever, maybe second only to Jagger/Richards...

NiGHTMARE said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If nearly everybody likes something and you don't, then there's something wrong with YOU, not the thing you don't like.

Bahahahahaha. No.