Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ununsnack

Blood not fading fast enough...

I have the legacy launcher (since that damn doom95 has no mouse support :( )

and i was running it on 3dfx glide cause the other gl settings are too slow...

anyway..when i get shot, the blood doesn't fade fast enough, and it is hard to see where im going...

is there anyway i could set it up so the blood (red screen flashes) speed up so i can see?

thx!

Open the console and type bloodtime ## (## represents how long you want blood to last, 1 second is least, 3600 is the most).

bigbadgangsta said:

Open the console and type bloodtime ## (## represents how long you want blood to last, 1 second is least, 3600 is the most).

I'm convinced he means the reddening of the screen when you get hit, not the sprites that fall off the player or monsters.

ununsnack: doom95 DOES support the mouse. It even has a whole section for setting it up in the launcher. But doom95 is crap anyway.

If Legacy if screwing up (probably gfx card problems) use something else, get prboom or zdoom (assuming you're on win2k or winxp):

http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/ports/

And please read the documentation accompanying whatever you choose to use (doom95 came with a manual too). It will make you stop feeling like a newbie in no time.

ununsnack said:

anyway..when i get shot, the blood doesn't fade fast enough, and it is hard to see where im going...

The extent to which the screen reddens when you are hit is not adjustable in any source port that I am aware of.

I've never found major-league red-screen a particular problem in Legacy. If you've switched from software mode to 3dfx glide, then this might have had an effect on the brightness of the colours. Perhaps you can reduce the problem by adjusting your monitor's colour settings (i.e. reduce its overall redness), assuming your monitor gives you that option.

ok...and yes, i was talking about the red screen...

Anyway...It does go solid red, but only in 3dfx mode...

So ill try and figure out soem things thanx

you could get the 16 bit minigl driver ID made for 3dFx quake or something, it sounds like your 3dfx card doesn't support that type of transparency, try using minigl or opengl in legacy instead of glide (there is no difference between two (opengl and glide) minigl uses less extensions in its driver).

By editing either colormap or playpal in a wad you can change the damage redness to not blind you so much when you get hit hard. I've seen a wad with it.