Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Later version of ZDoom other than b33?

I've heard about it, but I've haven't seen it. Anyone got a link where I can go and download it?

I have 2.0b7 or b8. There aren't any significant differences from 1.23b33 except that 2.0 appears to be slightly less stable.

Fredrik said:

I have 2.0b7 or b8. There aren't any significant differences from 1.23b33 except that 2.0 appears to be slightly less stable.

The most significant difference is that multiplayer is broken in beta33. The most recent pre-2.0 versions appear to be very, very stable. Also, some dehacked-support bugs have been rooted out by me and more so by Nigel Rowand.

Perhaps, if you look around zdoom.notgod.com/lars you will find something. Use the zdoom.wad and fmod.dll from 12.zip and use the zdoom.exe from 13.zip.

If you want to use the ZDoom pre-release, make sure you also grab the latest version of FMOD and extract fmod.dll and fmod.exe into your Doom / Doom 2 directory.

As for new features, it also adds a number of new compatability options, such as other players not hearing your weapon pick-ups, wall running and the silent BFG.

NiGHTMARE said:

If you want to use the ZDoom pre-release, make sure you also grab the latest version of FMOD and extract fmod.dll and fmod.exe into your Doom / Doom 2 directory.

Not sure why you suggest this. Randy has included the fmod.dll he thinks is appropriate. Fmod.exe is not used anywhere, at least not on my Win98 or Win2000 systems.

Hard to believe seeing how Randy is working with Ty Halderman on numerous issues with ZDoom. As far as we know here at TeamTNT there is no 2.0 at this time. We have been assisting Randy in testing and implementing features within ZDoom. Randy has released version 4.13 of ZETH, that much I do know.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

NiGHTMARE said:

As for new features, it also adds a number of new compatability options, such as other players not hearing your weapon pick-ups, wall running and the silent BFG.

halleluja!

Until Randy officially releases something for the public then I'll stay with beta 33.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Biffy said:

Not sure why you suggest this. Randy has included the fmod.dll he thinks is appropriate. Fmod.exe is not used anywhere, at least not on my Win98 or Win2000 systems.

I dunno why I said to extract the .exe . Anyway, there is no fmod.dll in the unofficial ZDoom version I got, and the fmod.dll I had from a previous ZDoom version didn't work.

NiGHTMARE said:

I dunno why I said to extract the .exe . Anyway, there is no fmod.dll in the unofficial ZDoom version I got, and the fmod.dll I had from a previous ZDoom version didn't work.

Nightmare, somehow you missed the proper download, mentioned in my post right above your first post in this thread. The fmod.dll is in the 12.zip.

Well, that comes to show how version numbering is arbitrary. Is there going to be a final 1.23 or is that going to be this 2.0? Given all the recent additions (new file formats, slopes, Heretic and Hexen support, etc.) calling it 2.0 makes sense.

Curiously I noticed that many program versions normally increase by .01 (or .0.1) although it may be more depending on what the developers judge according to their expectations. In the case of doom increases were by .1, but if you think about it (and you can see later in the Quake engines) those increments were the equivalent of .01s, at least in respect to how much the engine changed. So 1.9 is something like 1.09 in relation to more recent standard naming conventions.

Biffy said:

Nightmare, somehow you missed the proper download, mentioned in my post right above your first post in this thread. The fmod.dll is in the 12.zip.

Heh, I didn't even read that part of your post, I got 13.zip from elsewhere :)

OK. If you or anyone else with this version experiences a crash, please be sure to copy the "dump" crash message and paste it into an email to Randy Heit, or relay it through me llblakely@earthlink.net if that's easier. This version has been rock solid for me, but my daughter had a first-ever crash with it playing a bot yesterday, and it turned out to reveal a minor bug in the bot support code which I'm told is now fixed. She'd played with seven bots, for hours in different wads, and this was the only crash (against a single bot), so the problem was obscure.